Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kid Galahad: I Just Beat The Guy Who Beat Leigh Wood, This is Not a "Regular' Title!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kid Galahad: I Just Beat The Guy Who Beat Leigh Wood, This is Not a "Regular' Title!

Kid Galahad's dream of becoming world champion was finally realized as he produced a stunning effort to defeat Jazza Dickens and claim the IBF Featherweight crown at the top of the bill on Matchroom Fight Camp Week 2 in Brentwood, Essex.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Still so happy Barry!! Exceptional performance. No way will Warrington ever get his rematch now he can go fly. He was nothing but bitter last night josh Warrington and it was sad to see. Lara about to end him for good anyways so karma always comes around.

Comment

Dedicated and determined but, unfortunately, another Ingle gym drug cheat. It's not old man ingle that's to blame for that though.
      BamBamMurphy BamBamMurphy likes this.

Comment

IDK, he deserve respect for handling Dickens and getting his title, but Kid Galahad doesn't look like any kind of world beater to me. He's got a boring poke and pop kind of sparring style that I don't think takes him far. He'd definitely be the underdog against Navarrete and Russel Jr.

Comment

True tbf. I know triangle theories don’t always work but Galahad likely dominates Wood based on their performances vs Dickens.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
            IDK, he deserve respect for handling Dickens and getting his title, but Kid Galahad doesn't look like any kind of world beater to me. He's got a boring poke and pop kind of sparring style that I don't think takes him far. He'd definitely be the underdog against Navarrete and Russel Jr.
            K.G said it himself - "I'm not elite but I'm very good at everything I do" - so I don't know how he'd get past Russell Jr. easily and he can forget about dominating 130-135. He's not doing anything with a champ at 130 - heck, he'd struggle with Herring. At 135 he'd be absolutely splattered by Teo, the same he did to Jazza would be done to him by Loma, Garcia would spark him out and Haney would toy with him and man-handle him. He's delusional.

He should just stay in his lane and defend against mandatories and make good money fighting against Brit fighters like Woods.
            Last edited by SteveM; 08-08-2021, 04:57 PM.
            Markbnlv2021 Markbnlv2021 likes this.

Comment

The definition of an alphabet title, if Barry can win it it wasn't worth having. 126 looks so weak now. The only class is Navarette, Some will say GRJ but the guy fights like once every 2 years! I would've said 3 & 4 were Warrington & Xu Can but both have lost to underdogs with very patchy records. I can't, at present say either Lara or Wood is anything to write home about either. Navarette needs to unify

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                True tbf. I know triangle theories don’t always work but Galahad likely dominates Wood based on their performances vs Dickens.
                everybody saying Woods is a different fighter now he's changed his style last 2 fights with Ben Davison

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

everybody saying Woods is a different fighter now he's changed his style last 2 fights with Ben Davison
                  Doesn’t look all that different to me. If you’re gonna stand in front of Wood like Xu or Mould did you’re gonna have problems. Galahad is much smarter than those guys. Galahad stops him IMO.

Comment

Barry is a real champion, Leigh isn't.

Those are the facts.

Comment

Working...
                    X