Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz Denies Rumors That He Ducked Terence Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz Denies Rumors That He Ducked Terence Crawford

Hard-hitting welterweight contender Vergil Ortiz recently had his first taste of the Twitter mob. Recent accusations on social media that he turned down a fight against Terence Crawford, the WBO welterweight titleholder from Omaha, to face Egidijus Kavaliauskas instead had Ortiz and his promoter Golden Boy on the defensive.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Everyone ducks Crawford and then pretends they aren’t. That’s the formula.
    Richard G Richard G AeroED AeroED like this.

Comment

Vergil definitely wanted that smoke! It's odd that the WBO demoted Porter to #2, made Ortiz Jr. # 1, yet ordered Crawford to fight #2 Porter! WEIRD!

Comment

Sounds like a good fight is on the horizon

Comment

This guys been super respectful about Crawford the whole time and still is being. It’s a shame how a few on twitter get to typing away because then they try to cause something that isn’t there when it’s not needed at all. Both Ortiz and Crawford seem to openly accept should both keep winning that they’re paths are going to cross, when they do I’m sure it will be a great fight for everybody watching.

Comment

Key point here:

Ortiz doubled down on Diaz's comments, reminding others that Crawford was not exactly enthusiastic about fighting him.

“Should I get [past] Kavaliauskas I’ll gladly fight Crawford next or anyone else Goldenboy puts in front of me,” Ortiz responded on his Twitter account, “remember Crawford himself suggested Kavaliauskas to me first which is what I’m doing.”
            And NSB suggested the same thing, Vergil. So yes, do your thing.

Certain people, like ShaneMosleySr , accuse you of ducking because you're doing what they told you to do in order to protect their guy from getting exposed.

Real ones know the truth. Let Shawn handle it first, let's see how that goes, then circle back like Psaki.
            eco1 eco1 boxingfan91 boxingfan91 like this.

Comment

I'd like to see Ortiz vs ennis
              SteelFist01 SteelFist01 likes this.

Comment

"Ducking" .... probably the most misused word on internet boxing forums!!!
                Shadoww702 Shadoww702 likes this.

Comment

I didnt think Crawford had any fans to create any kind of uproar. Must be SugarShaneMosley Jr and his 100 alts.
                  Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Ortiz gonna have to get thicker skin.

Comment

Working...
                    X