Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao Handler: 'Beating Spence Would Be Greatest Win In Welterweight History'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao Handler: 'Beating Spence Would Be Greatest Win In Welterweight History'

Sean Gibbons, the madcap handler for eight-division champion Manny Pacquiao, may be prone to hyperbole, but he may have a point with his latest pronouncement.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don’t think it would be better than Duran over SRL and SRL over Hearns, but other than them I can’t think of a ww win since 1980 that would be better than Manny beating Spence.

Comment

For me it would be the most remarkable win ever. It's just amazing he would take this fight.

Comment

An old, past prime, part time boxer, full time senator and 2 year inactive against a prime, very big, top lb4lb welterweight, Yes it's the greatest ww win in the history of boxing there's no one came close.
        blowblow blowblow likes this.

Comment

In context - it would be similar to Sugar Ray Leonard beating a young Oscar De La Hoya or Felix Trinidad when HE turned 42 instead of being badly beaten by Camacho...or Ali beating Larry Holmes when HE was 42 (which we know Holmes battered Ali when The Greatest was 38). It would be a GREAT victory for Pacquaio.

I can't see it happening though. Spence didn't KO Mikey or DG so maybe he doesnt stop Pacquaio or brutalize him but he will win. But Gibbons is right...if Pacquaio wins, it's a shocker, it just may be the best in history...I can't think of a better welterweight win where the top guy gets unexpectedly bumped off.
          SteelFist01 SteelFist01 likes this.

Comment

I think it would be the greatest win at WW, however let's not forget B-Hop beat Winky Wright at 42 years and 6 months, Kelly Pavlik at 43, and then Jean Pascal for the WBO LHW title at 46, lastly he beat Tavoris Clound for the IBF LHW title at 48! Salute to B-Hop!

Comment

Floyd beating the Ghost Robert Guerrero was a better win tbh no flo mo!
              Last edited by davef; 08-08-2021, 08:41 AM.

Comment

It would be a great win for Pacquiao but I honestly think it will show how weak 147lb division really was during the last 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  I don’t think it would be better than Duran over SRL and SRL over Hearns, but other than them I can’t think of a ww win since 1980 that would be better than Manny beating Spence.
                  I really don't think you understand how the world works. I know you've read my posts so you know what I think of what you just said. But duran would need to be 45 years old and beating SRL for it to be as good as pac win over spence.
                  Last edited by hugh grant; 08-08-2021, 09:02 AM.
                  Spoon23 Spoon23 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    I think it would be the greatest win at WW, however let's not forget B-Hop beat Winky Wright at 42 years and 6 months, Kelly Pavlik at 43, and then Jean Pascal for the WBO LHW title at 46, lastly he beat Tavoris Clound for the IBF LHW title at 48! Salute to B-Hop!
                    True, but am I wrong in thinking bh took up boxing late as a pro as he was in jail or something? Plus bigger guys reach their primes later.

Comment

Working...
                    X