Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Dirrell's Trainer Wants a Badou Jack Showdown Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Dirrell's Trainer Wants a Badou Jack Showdown Next

Andre Dirrell (28-3) picked up his second victory in a row on Saturday night in Newark, New Jersey. The former IBF interim super middleweight champion dropped Christopher Brooker (16-8) three times and beat Brooker by third-round technical knockout. The fight was televised by FS1 after Jonathan Rice's upset victory over Michael Polite Coffie in a main event televised by FOX.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good fight. Both around the same age and stages of their careers.

Comment

Badou should win this.

Dirrell vs world champions:
      L vs Carl Froch SD 12
      W vs Arthur Abraham DQ 11 (Abraham hitting on a slip)
      L vs James DeGale UD 12
      W vs Jose Uzcategui DQ 8 (Uzcategui hitting after the bell)
      L vs Jose Uzcategui RTD 8

His two best wins came on DQs.

Jack vs world champions:
      W vs Anthony Dirrell MD 12
      W vs George Groves SD 12
      W vs Lucian Bute MD 12 (later changed to DQ after Bute failed a drug test)
      D vs James DeGale MD 12
      W vs Nathan Cleverly TKO 5
      D vs Adonis Stevenson MD 12
      L vs Jean Pascal SD 12

Jack straight up got robbed against DeGale and could've gotten the win against Pascal too. The only guy in recent history to beat Jack clean was Marcus Browne and that was when Jack's forehead was opened up like the grand canyon.
      Last edited by famicommander; 08-07-2021, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Badou will beat him down. They're not on the same level at this stage in Dirrell's career.

Comment

Yeah, a good fight it would be. But nothing to get excited about. Both these guys are at the end of their careers. They won't be calling out contenders. But an entertaining fight never the less.

Comment

Decent matchup…but then again pointless fight for 2 past it fighters. Good for an undercard fight.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
              Badou should win this.

Dirrell vs world champions:
              L vs Carl Froch SD 12
              W vs Arthur Abraham DQ 11 (Abraham hitting on a slip)
              L vs James DeGale UD 12
              W vs Jose Uzcategui DQ 8 (Uzcategui hitting after the bell)
              L vs Jose Uzcategui RTD 8

His two best wins came on DQs.

Jack vs world champions:
              W vs Anthony Dirrell MD 12
              W vs George Groves SD 12
              W vs Lucian Bute MD 12 (later changed to DQ after Bute failed a drug test)
              D vs James DeGale MD 12
              W vs Nathan Cleverly TKO 5
              D vs Adonis Stevenson MD 12
              L vs Jean Pascal SD 12

Jack straight up got robbed against DeGale and could've gotten the win against Pascal too. The only guy in recent history to beat Jack clean was Marcus Browne and that was when Jack's forehead was opened up like the grand canyon.
              I thought DeGale vs Jack was very close. I had it a draw. I had DeGale well up early, then Jack turned it around. I thought Jack vs Bute was scored a draw? Then changed to a DQ win? Though I thought Jack won that fight clearly anyway. Nash out.

Comment

Jack should get a better fight than that - I can't even think of who that might be, but I know I don't want it to be Andre Dirrell

Comment

Working...
                X