Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hebert Conceicao Sousa Scores Bailout Knockout of Oleksandr Khyzhniak, Wins Men's Middleweight Gold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hebert Conceicao Sousa Scores Bailout Knockout of Oleksandr Khyzhniak, Wins Men's Middleweight Gold

Hebert Conceicao Sousa was three minutes away from having to settle for a silver medal. A single left hook now puts him in the running for the coveted Val Barker Trophy. Brazil's Sousa waded through a sea of punches to score a dramatic, one-punch knockout of Ukraine's Oleksandr Khyzhniak to win the Gold medal in the men's middleweight division. A single left hook put Khyzhniak down on the canvas, with referee Muhammad Arisa Putra Pohan signalling an immediate end to the fight at 1:29 of round three.
    [Click Here To Read More]

when the 3rd round started and i saw Khyzhniak fighting with the same aggression as he did in the 1st & the 2nd round i feared something like this would happen, all he had to do was just play it safe but instead he got reckless and got punished for it by a wicked left hook, good stoppage too by the ref, Khyzhniak was rly in no condition to continue, Khyzhniak had this gold medal in the bag but rly fumbled on the finish line here, huge congrats to Sousa tho, the come from behind KO in the OLYMPIC FINAL to claim the gold medal, what a moment for him
    BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

What a mistake from Khyzniak still cant believe it

Comment

Good to see Brazil win gold in boxing, hopefully the boxing culture in that country continues to grow

Comment

Originally posted by fredo [!] View Post
          when the 3rd round started and i saw Khyzhniak fighting with the same aggression as he did in the 1st & the 2nd round i feared something like this would happen...
          He has a soldier's heart. It was the real thing to do for him, but not the smart thing to do. I thought the same thing. He was fighting like he was the guy down two rounds. Is he pro? If not, or even if so, it's a good lesson at least. But boy the gold was only a minute away.

That's one fight I'll remember, like how I felt when Ruiz took out Joshua, but the opposite, cuz I wasn't rooting for anyone in that fight, was just stunned!

Comment

I feel band for Khysniak, tuned it to watch Marcial a couple days beforehand and just had to follow Khysniak into the final due to his bullish relentless style. I was definitely rewarded as that was a great fight to watch, Khysniak shouldn't have been so agressive in that last round, and approached it with a little caution and he would have been a gold medalist. Congratulations to Sousa, would love to see some of these Tokyo 2020 boxers go professional.

Comment

Working...
            X