Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Manager is Very Focused on Securing Plant Unification

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo's Manager is Very Focused on Securing Plant Unification

Eddy Reynoso, the manager/trainer of Mexican superstar Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez, is hoping to finalize a unification deal with unbeaten Caleb Plant. It was officially revealed on Friday, that Canelo would be pushing back his next ring return.
    [Click Here To Read More]

“The project we have before us now to unify at 168. We are working real hard on this, and hope to get all this together,” Reynoso told The Athletic through a translator in a Friday afternoon telephone conversation.
    The sides were originally pursuing the bout as a FOX pay-per-view at MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Reynoso did not give a specific date beyond November.

But he did say that the effort to fight WBA light-heavyweight champion Dmitry Bivol is off.
    ​​​​​​https://theathletic.com/news/canelo-...n/GE3fmoKWnmO6

Looks like Bivol was a fight that Hearn wanted more for Canelo than the other way around and Canelo was using Bivol as negotiation leverage against Plant.

Bivol even agreed to the catchweight and Canelo still said no to the fight and pushed the date to November. That clearly shows Bivol was not a serious candidate for his next fight.

Let's see if the fight gets made or not.

Comment

Circus show...

Comment

Clowns abound

Comment

Dmitry Bivol really deserves a big fight from Matchroom. I hope they can resume talks for the Gilberto Ramirez fight now.
          TinAgeOfBoxing TinAgeOfBoxing likes this.

Comment

Lol team Nelo not looking good, uncle Al got him begging back, was looking forward to Nelo vs Bivol, but it seems like uncle Al called their bluff, too funny we needed a Nelo fight for September!!!! Idiots

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
              Dmitry Bivol really deserves a big fight from Matchroom. I hope they can resume talks for the Gilberto Ramirez fight now.
              I like the Zurdo fight for both fighters so I hope that happens next if he doesn't fight Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

I like the Zurdo fight for both fighters so I hope that happens next if he doesn't fight Canelo.
                I doubt Bivol fight is next for Canelo. Plant pays more, is an easier fight and it's for undisputed. Makes more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

I doubt Bivol fight is next for Canelo. Plant pays more, is an easier fight and it's for undisputed. Makes more sense.
                  Definitely, and Reynoso all but said it here that the Bivol fight is not happening.

Let's get the Zurdo fight for the fall.

Comment

Canelo knows what's coming to him fighting the real top dogs @ LHW... Bivol and even 2nd grade Champ Smith Jr would probably take out a couple years of his career... He 's also right about not even mentioning Beterbiev and will do that for a long time... Beterbiev is a death sentence for him...

Comment

Working...
                    X