Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyrone McKenna Overcomes Scare, Decisions Jose Felix in a Fire-Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tyrone McKenna Overcomes Scare, Decisions Jose Felix in a Fire-Fight

Falls Park, Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom - In a crossroads junior welterweight clash for a WBO regional title, Tyrone McKenna (22-2-1, 6 KOs) overcame a knockdown to pull out a very tough ten round unanimous decision over Jose Felix (39-5-1, 30 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

This was fun scrap,

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
      This was fun scrap,
      My thoughts exactly. Very entertaining fight. What made it so was that both guy was capable of hurting the other and both wanted to win. Very good matchmaking for this fight and for the card as a whole.

Obviously neither of these guys were elite but they put on a very enjoyable bout because they were pretty evenly matched.
      jonnyc420 jonnyc420 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

My thoughts exactly. Very entertaining fight. What made it so was that both guy was capable of hurting the other and both wanted to win. Very good matchmaking for this fight and for the card as a whole.

Obviously neither of these guys were elite but they put on a very enjoyable bout because they were pretty evenly matched.
        Sometimes those are the best fights, one of my favorite memories of guys who just weren't at the elite level but gave us one hell of a fight was Wolak/Rodriguez on the much missed Friday Night Fights. This wasn't as good but still very entertaining stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post

Sometimes those are the best fights, one of my favorite memories of guys who just weren't at the elite level but gave us one hell of a fight was Wolak/Rodriguez on the much missed Friday Night Fights. This wasn't as good but still very entertaining stuff.
          Amen to that. The first Wolak/Rodriguez fight was a classic. I enjoy marquee matchups but they don't necessarily make great fights.

When two fighters are matched so that their styles, strengths and weaknesses can play off each other, it creates drama in the ring. Alot of those FNF cards accomplished that. They couldn't afford big names so they tried to deliver entertainment.
          jonnyc420 jonnyc420 likes this.

Comment

Working...
          X