Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Spence PPV Event Moves Forward, Motion To Block Fight Rejected

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Spence PPV Event Moves Forward, Motion To Block Fight Rejected

Manny Pacquiao scored a knockout in time to preserve a blockbuster fight. The former eight-division champion was deemed free and clear to move forward with his upcoming challenge of unified WBC/IBF welterweight titlist Errol Spence Jr. A motion filed by Paradigm Sports and its founder/combat sports manager Audie Attar to block the upcoming title fight was rejected Friday by the Orange County Superior Court. The ruling--while not outright dismissing the breach of contract lawsuit filed with the same court-- allows Pacquiao and Spence to move forward with their August 21 title fight, which will air live on Fox Sports Pay-Per-View from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Obviously these cats didn't have a case. Did these guys actually believe they would win a court battle against Manny Pacquiao with Al Haymon backing him; The most powerful man in boxing?
    Joeboxeo Joeboxeo likes this.

Comment

I think we all knew this wasn't gonna go anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        Obviously these cats didn't have a case. Did these guys actually believe they would win a court battle against Manny Pacquiao with Al Haymon backing him; The most powerful man in boxing?
        This isn’t a win. The case will still be heard in court. They just lost a motion of injunction which will have no bearing on the outcome of the case.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          If they didn't have a case, the judge would have dismissed their claim entirely. But he didn't.

They filed a motion to block Pac's fight with Spence because they say they advanced him millions of dollars for varous fights, including one against Mikey Garcia. Paq's promoter then filed a counter motion to allow Pac's fight with Spence to go ahead. The judge's ruling as I understand it basically comes down to: the parties are arguing over the advanced monies and the Pac/Spence fight going ahead doesn't make that arguement get any worse, so let them fight.

It sounds like he doesn't agree that Pac is contractually bound to give them any fights (and my guess he will have to return their money eventually though). What he didn't say was: they have no case at all.
          Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

I was oblivious to this. I remember Attar making a few statements but that was a few months ago. Well at least the fight shall happen as scheduled

Comment

Manny's definitely going to have give back that advance or pay 20% of his purse to Paradigm. Conor's team looks really amateur right now.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronbnb View Post
                Manny's definitely going to have give back that advance or pay 20% of his purse to Paradigm. Conor's team looks really amateur right now.
                Apparently, the judge denied that motion also.

"Paradigm’s backup demand that Pacquiao’s purse be held in escrow was likewise denied"
                https://www.badlefthook.com/platform...xing-news-2021

I think the judge is a pac fan.
                aaronbnb aaronbnb likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post

Apparently, the judge denied that motion also.

"Paradigm’s backup demand that Pacquiao’s purse be held in escrow was likewise denied"
                  https://www.badlefthook.com/platform...xing-news-2021

I think the judge is a pac fan.
                  Nah the judge only denied the injunction against the fight taking place or holding Manny's purse in escrow. Paradigm said they won't appeal that. The judge did not make a decision on the 3.3 million dollar advance and Paradigm requested an expedited judgement about that money.

Comment

If you think about it, Paradigm deserves money. They got this deal for Manny and then Manny just took this deal to PBC and said "I have this deal. Do better than it."

Comment

Working...
                    X