Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Julio La Cruz Wins Second Olympic Gold Medal, Beats Muslim Gadzhimagomedov In Heavyweight Final

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Julio La Cruz Wins Second Olympic Gold Medal, Beats Muslim Gadzhimagomedov In Heavyweight Final

Julio La Cruz adds his name to the rich history enjoyed by Cuba at the Olympic level, particularly in the heavyweight division. A masterclass boxing performance was offered by La Cruz in his heavyweight final with Muslim Gadzhimagomedov (ROC), becoming a two-time Olympic Gold medalist following a decision win Friday afternoon at Kokugikan Arena in Tokyo.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 08-06-2021, 01:38 AM.

I wish these guys would turn pro

Comment

Russians were supposed to be banned from these Olympics. It's ridiculous that they found a loophole.
      Thuglife Nelo Thuglife Nelo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Russians were supposed to be banned from these Olympics. It's ridiculous that they found a loophole.
        I think it would be ridiculous if the ROC boxers themselves had doping issues, but not otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post

I think it would be ridiculous if the ROC boxers themselves had doping issues, but not otherwise.
          There was widespread, state-sponsored doping in Russia. We don't know the full extent of what went and what was covered up.

All their athletes should have been banned as punishment. Not given loopholes.

Punishment should have teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

There was widespread, state-sponsored doping in Russia. We don't know the full extent of what went and what was covered up.

All their athletes should have been banned as punishment. Not given loopholes.

Punishment should have teeth.
            No, we don't know, the full extent of doping in Russian amateur sport, but I assume since the ROC contingent is a subset of the full Russian team, that they must have been subjected to rigorous testing to be allowed to participate. I'll research it later, but I assume that the ROC athletes are among the most vetted in the 2020 Games. I see your point about punishing the state, bu just because there were some bad actors in some sports, doesn't mean that every single Russian athlete was doping. These guys work too hard to get screwed IMO, so I, for one, think the ROC idea is a reasonable concession.
            Last edited by NachoMan; 08-06-2021, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
              I wish these guys would turn pro
              Why? They’re all flash and no substance. They ain’t built for the pros, as proven time and time again. Top Cubans in the olympics/amateurs are contender-level in the pros at best.

Comment

No Surprise Cuban Boxing Team having a good Olympics once again

Comment

Working...
                X