No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao & Gibbons - The Senator and The President

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pacquiao & Gibbons - The Senator and The President

By Thomas Gerbasi - They might be boxing's oddest couple, Manny Pacquiao and Sean Gibbons, formally the Senator and the President. Not that Gibbons is pulling rank on the future Hall of Famer...
    [Click Here To Read More]

This was a painful to read..... atomic writing at it's worst
    Boxviewer Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

Those two are more like a wine bottle and a corkscrew.

Comment

Nice to read Gibbons' story. Wonderful really.

Comment

“I've always been cool and humble, a few people - the FBI and a few other people – have tried to drag me down”

Wait, what?

Comment

Boxing really on its last legs in the US. I grew up in Sacramento. I remember there being fights pretty frequently at the local VFW and sometimes at Memorial Auditorium. It was weirdly wholesome. That's not true at all anymore. MMA is sort of replacing it, but there's fewer shows and it's more bro-y.

Comment

Gibbons always a class act, the people he mentioned were like encyclopedias of boxing including Lou!!! I’m glad he’s up where he is!!!!! Viva Puertorricoooo!!!

Comment

Sanluisjerzy 'Wait, what?'

Well,

'Gibbons had a good run at Top Rank until he was let go in 2004 on the heels of the FBI’s Operation Match Book probe, which focused on alleged fight fixing. There were similar allegations made in Oklahoma, yet Gibbons wasn’t charged with any criminal wrongdoing in either case and he landed on his feet with Sycuan Ringside Promotions, where he stayed for five years.'

Man is innocent until proved guilty & he wasn't charged. Top rank just 'let him go'

Comment

Gibbons is a wholesome fella relative to the other infamous characters in boxing

Comment

Working...
                  X