Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum: It's Against My Economic Interest, But I'm Rooting For Usyk To Beat Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bob Arum: It's Against My Economic Interest, But I'm Rooting For Usyk To Beat Joshua

Top Rank boss Bob Arum is willing to bypass the biggest boxing match in British history for his own rooting interests. The 89-year-old co-promoter of Tyson Fury would prefer to see Oleksandr Usyk beat Anthony Joshua on Sept. 25 rather than have Joshua beat WBO mandatory challenger Usyk to further help set-up the super fight against Fury -- should the WBC heavyweight champion also beat Deontay Wilder on Oct. 9.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Because he knows Joshua is the much bigger threat to Fury. They didn't want the fight with Joshua to begin with so not really news.

Comment

Words usually tend to have a life of their own and once they are spoken you cannot take them back.

Comment

So Usyk is his friend because he is Loma's friend...ok...I bet Arum doesn't speak a work of Ukrainian and they just talk **** about him all the time.

Arum is so much of a friend that he doesn't promote him and would want him to fight Fury for less money. Which means less money for Usyk.

Basically, Arum has confirmed that the money is coming from Hearn being involved.

I bet he is bitter that Joshua v Usyk sold out in a few hours. Triple the amount of tickets in a fraction of the time must be a shovel of salt in his mouth.

Comment

Bob's been giving these contra-economical statements since Hearn labelled him as "the cheapest man he's ever met".
          El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Arum must really despise Hearn so much that he's really willing to see big money go down the drain just to see Hearn's cash cow take an L and drop his stock. Believe it's very possible that might happen too.

Comment

The fight will either never happen or it will happen when both have had their stock dropped to the point where it wont feel half as big as it was. Its just the usual bull**** when it comes to big fights in boxing.

Comment

I also root for usyk for several reasons, first I prefer his boxing style compared to aj's, second aj has already been exploited by ruiz while usyk has never lost as a pro.
                landotter landotter MANNY67 MANNY67 like this.

Comment

He just wants to see hearn’s cash cow go away

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                    He just wants to see hearn’s cash cow go away
                    Exactly, he wants MatchRoom to fail, and that IS in his economic interest!
                    Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X