Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kownacki: My Goal is To Be Champion, I Have To Get Rid of Helenius!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kownacki: My Goal is To Be Champion, I Have To Get Rid of Helenius!

By now, Adam Kownacki expected to be back on the winning track after a rematch with Robert Helenius on July 24 in Las Vegas. But boxing being boxing, his bout on the undercard of the third fight between Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder was postponed with the entire show until October 9, leaving him to dial back the intensity of his camp when he should have been peaking.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Fun fighter to watch. Tex Cobb/Ray Mercer with more power and less chin. The defense of blocking punches with his face finally caught up with him
    gooderz84 gooderz84 likes this.

Comment

don't come to the ring with saggy ******* this time.... would be my advice. I know not all heavies are adonis' but the guy looked wobblier than a lava-lamp

Comment

He should've said that he has to get rid of 60 pounds
        PunchyPotorff PunchyPotorff likes this.

Comment

Ray Mercer was much much better than Adam Kownacki is today.

Originally posted by VislorTurlough View Post
          Fun fighter to watch. Tex Cobb/Ray Mercer with more power and less chin. The defense of blocking punches with his face finally caught up with him

Comment

If he comes out thinking he can win by throwing a bunch of punches with nothing on them, he's getting stretched again...

Comment

I'd lean toward another Helenius win.

There are so many mickey mouse belts these days, that I can't preclude Kownacki picking up some kind of BS regular belt or the like, but I will predict he will never win one of the proper belts.
              PunchyPotorff PunchyPotorff likes this.

Comment

Yeah, if his strategy is going to be "same thing as before, just harder and faster" then he *might* be able to overwhelm Helenius. *Might*. But The Nordic Nightmare now knows that his strategy of placing the straight right off the back foot repeatedly is going to work sooner or later, so I'd bet he's going to try to hold on and keep at it.

What Kownacki needs is head movement, lateral movement and some feints, not just punches in bunches. Keep the pressure, but perhaps sacrifice some volume for better defense.

Comment

I've alway's said he's a morbidly obese light heavy.
                  Talking of world titles makes me laugh. Perhaps he should cut to bridgeweight xD

Comment

Could have fought Joshua ended up losing to Helenius .. some one give Caleb a ring and sho whim what happens.

Comment

Working...
                    X