Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Duke Ragan Beats Samuel Takyi, Will Face Albert Batyrgaziev In Men's Featherweight Gold Medal Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Duke Ragan Beats Samuel Takyi, Will Face Albert Batyrgaziev In Men's Featherweight Gold Medal Round

Duke Ragan will go for Gold. The first U.S. pro boxer to ever win a fight in the Olympics continues to rewrite the history books in Tokyo. Cincinnati's Ragan advances to the Gold medal round in the men's featherweight division after outpointing Ghana's Samuel Takyi via split decision. Tayki won 29-28 on one card, overruled by scores of 30-27, 29-28, 29-28 and 29-28 for Ragan in their featherweight semifinal bout Tuesday at Kokugikan Arena in Tokyo.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 08-03-2021, 04:38 AM.

Really competitive fight.

Then Davis with a nice win right afterwards. That was a rough fight but he had a huge 3rd round to pull it out. Davis vs Cruz is going to be an electrifying final. RJJ-94-02=GOAT

Comment

Also great stuff from Ragan congrats to him and Davis but the job is not done just yet

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        Really competitive fight.

Then Davis with a nice win right afterwards. That was a rough fight but he had a huge 3rd round to pull it out. Davis vs Cruz is going to be an electrifying final. RJJ-94-02=GOAT
        Just quoted you about it in the other thread. Really looking forward to it, it’s the best fight of the tournament IMO.

Looking forward to McCormack vs Iglesias obviously from a British perspective and Khyzniak vs Marcia really interests me too, Marcial can really bang, has a great southpaw hook too.
        KTFOKING KTFOKING likes this.

Comment

Bring home the gold USA USA USA USA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Just quoted you about it in the other thread. Really looking forward to it, it’s the best fight of the tournament IMO.

Looking forward to McCormack vs Iglesias obviously from a British perspective and Khyzniak vs Marcia really interests me too, Marcial can really bang, has a great southpaw hook too.
            Davis will need to be physical and bring it to Cruz, definitely can't just sit back against him.

Iglesias was just too good man, disappointed but it is what it is. Turn pro now Pat and move quickly!

Comment

Go get that gold medal, Ragan.

Comment

Y'all are really just looking past Bachkov in the semi's? He's a ****ing tank that has mauled everyone he's fought, Davis will be in very tough with him

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Davis will need to be physical and bring it to Cruz, definitely can't just sit back against him.

Iglesias was just too good man, disappointed but it is what it is. Turn pro now Pat and move quickly!
                  Yeah he just couldn’t deal with speed and accuracy. Made the mistake of trying to box with a Cuban. Iglesias looked quality in both his medal bouts, soundly outpointed the top two ranked welterweights in the world in Zamkovoy and McCormack.

And yeah I agree. He should definitely turn pro now, I think him and Luke both have styles that will be adaptable to the pro’s.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Yeah he just couldn’t deal with speed and accuracy. Made the mistake of trying to box with a Cuban. Iglesias looked quality in both his medal bouts, soundly outpointed the top two ranked welterweights in the world in Zamkovoy and McCormack.

And yeah I agree. He should definitely turn pro now, I think him and Luke both have styles that will be adaptable to the pro’s.
                    Luke is just going to be good but nothing special...Pat has a chance to do better in the pros. I just don't get the mindset of staying longer just for the Olympics when you can go pro, make some money and then properly progress to a championship caliber fighter. If you take the average age of the Americans compared to the Brits and just other countries, they tend to be younger and turn pro a lot quicker.....This is why they do better in the pros compared to their peers that were better amateurs. Pat lost four years of pro fighting and I think he may regret this in the long run...He doesn't need many development fights, he needs to be moved quickly.

Comment

Working...
                    X