Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tommy McCarthy Furious Over Third Scorecard, Wants Billam-Smith Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tommy McCarthy Furious Over Third Scorecard, Wants Billam-Smith Rematch

Cruiserweight contender Tommy McCarthy is furious with the outcome of last Saturday's fight with Chris Billam-Smith. The two boxers fought for the EBU, Commonwealth and British titles at Fight Camp in Brentwood, with Bill-Smith walking away with a close twelve round split decision.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The 116 -112 card was too wide but the overall result wasn't unreasonable. Myself I had a draw, but if I had to pick a winner I woulda been leaning towards CBS.

Comment

mccarthy won 115-113 seven rounds to five obviously the dodgy judge paid well in bribes and is now taking his family on holiday for a month the corrupt c**t..........

Comment

I hope he gets it, he needs that rematch and needs to win

Comment

Other guy didn't do enough to win the European title, the Commonwealth is meaningless.

Comment

I had it 7/5 for McCarthy

Comment

Originally posted by jikeccfc View Post
              mccarthy won 115-113 seven rounds to five obviously the dodgy judge paid well in bribes and is now taking his family on holiday for a month the corrupt c**t..........
              You should knock the scoring thing on the head if you had Tommy winning. He did no such thing. Smith jabbed his face off all night and clearly was the superior on the inside too.

Comment

I thought Mccarthy just about edged it, close fight tho. Sloppy fight , both guys looked shattered after 3 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by knockoutkid View Post
                  Other guy didn't do enough to win the European title, the Commonwealth is meaningless.
                  There's 53 countries in the Commonwealth & the CBC's been active since 1954 & trace's it's roots back to the early 20th century as the British Empire championship, so it's hardly meaningless, in fact it's far more prestigious then any Alphabet inter bauble.
                  Back to CBS/McCarthy I had CBS just edging it, but a rematch in Bournemouth make's perfect sense to me.

Comment

Working...
                  X