Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Trainer Prides Himself On Effective Pad Work: We're Not Trying To Be Roger and Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Trainer Prides Himself On Effective Pad Work: We're Not Trying To Be Roger and Floyd Mayweather

Malik Scott wants to make sure that nobody mistakes his pad work with the flashy yet ineffective variety that racks up likes and retweets. In recent months, the former heavyweight and current trainer has popped up on social media feeds working the mitts with his top client, former heavyweight titleholder Deontay Wilder. The videos have prompted some critics to point out that the boxing staple would not help Wilder (42-1-1, 41 KOs) in his forthcoming third rematch against Tyson Fury (30-0-1, 21 KOs), pencilled in for Oct. 9 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. (The fight was rescheduled from the original date on July 24 after Fury tested positive for Covid-19).
    [Click Here To Read More]

This is a news story?

Comment

Good to hear. It is evident that the areas wilder needs to improve are punch output, head movement, and repositioning. He’s got to throw more than one punch at a time and more than just a basic 1-2. Definitely needs to rediscover the left hook, uppercut inside, and religious use of the jab.
      Get em up Get em up likes this.

Comment

Mitts have their needed value, but I have never seen evidence of Sugar Ray Robinson or Ali using them and they had decent careers.

Comment

That’s a damn well good job they ain’t. Wilder and Malik don’t even deserve they’re name to even be mentioned amongst such illustrious figures in Boxing.

now I’ll go and read the article!

Comment

Malik Scott really talks against himself.

"We’re living in the mitt era where everyone is doing mitts and looking good on mitts. In my opinion everybody doesn’t look good on mitts though."

So we're not in the era where everyone looks good on mitts? What he said just seems to be a direct contradiction of himself. Everyone looks good on mitts, but everybody doesn't look good on mitts. Okayyy...

He and Wilder aren't like these other people doing mitts and putting it on social media, even though they are doing mitts and putting it on social media.

The one thing I will wholeheartedly agree with him on is that he and Wilder are not looking like Roger and Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Coachcody View Post
              Mitts have their needed value, but I have never seen evidence of Sugar Ray Robinson or Ali using them and they had decent careers.
              I use the same comparison pretty often. Mitts definitely help but they are overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                Good to hear. It is evident that the areas wilder needs to improve are punch output, head movement, and repositioning. He’s got to throw more than one punch at a time and more than just a basic 1-2. Definitely needs to rediscover the left hook, uppercut inside, and religious use of the jab.
                I've said this for a while. If Wilder could find his left hook again he could throw it, step around and follow with a straight right. I can literally see the combo and results in my head. Good footwork combined with the things you stated and Wilder will be a tough win for Fury in the trilogy

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                  Stolen valor simpleton

Comment

I see from that last quote that maths isn't Scott's strong point.

I'm mathematically dyslexic and even I know that what he said make NO sense whatsoever.

Last edited by snowdog; 08-02-2021, 10:25 AM.
                    Sid-Knee Sid-Knee likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X