Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Michael Hunter: I Was Never Really Embraced By Matchroom

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Michael Hunter: I Was Never Really Embraced By Matchroom

Michael Hunter never felt like he was part of the family during his tenure under Eddie Hearn's Matchroom Boxing promotional banner. The American heavyweight from Las Vegas has since signed with boxing upstart Triller. Hunter will headline Triller's new monthly boxing series - TrillerVerz Boxing - at the Hulu Theatre at Madison Square Garden in New York City on Aug. 3 in a 10-round bout against Mike Wilson. Hunter believes he will be getting the sort of institutional support he lacked while working with Hearn.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good for you matchroom is crap pre determined fights

Comment

I used to rate Hunter till he refused to fight Hrgovic for mandatory
      Marchegiano Marchegiano likes this.

Comment

Went for the opportunity to get more money instead of the opportunity to get an Eliminator bout against Hrgovic, now Hunter is fighting Mike Wilson... Chase Legacy and the $$$ will come.
        Castilo Castilo GucciGod GucciGod like this.

Comment

If ducking Hrgovic, and choosing to fight a guy who nobody has heard of is outgrowing something then Michael Hunter is suffering from delusions of grandeur. He had a draw with ancient Povetkin and beat a top 40 guy in Bakole. Decent, but nothing to shout from the rooftops. The Hrgovic duck was so blatant and he loses any credibility he had earned. Nash out.

Comment

Hard to get "embraced" by helping prepare and openly cheer for Ruiz in AJ rematch.
            Have a feeling that was the motive, if not the reason, they let him go.

btw Hrgović says, hello!
            GucciGod GucciGod likes this.

Comment

I used to rate Micheal Hunter as one of the better/best American heavyweights out there but his obvious ducking of Hrgovic thoroughly disappointed me, my only hope for American heavyweights lies with Jared now a damn shame really.
              GucciGod GucciGod likes this.

Comment

If you're a HW and you sign for Matchroom, that means you become a water carrier for Joshua and Whyte.

I don't blame Hunter for looking elsewhere.

Comment

James Hunt just proved why no American should sign with Hearn. Basically you’re saying because he pulled for the American, like himself, and didn’t embrace the British fighter is the reason he was shunned by matchroom. As I have said before folks, the “empire” mentality in action right there. “You must do everything we tell you to do and say and always do what you’re told.”
                  !-1 !-1 likes this.

Comment

Yeah but to be fair Michael Hunter does come across as a bit of a weirdo doesn't he, but of a wet blanket.

My point is he's not the most likeable or endearing fellow, he's the sort that sits in the dark corner at a party and complains that nobody is talking to him.

Anyway after he gave it the "ill fight anyone" and then wanted no part of hrgovic he's a bit of a laughing stock now and also firmly in the "who needs him" camp

I predict he will pop up in random fights once a year for a while before getting steamroller by a prospect and vanishing into the horizon.

He's also 33 years old and like a lot of heavyweights these days he's just milling about doing nothing like he's 23 and not, realistically a handful of years away from the end of his career.

Basically, I don't see big things in his future.
                    ​​​​​
                    Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 08-02-2021, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X