Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jonnie Rice Battles Short Notice, Self-Doubt To Score Stunning Upset Over Michael Coffie

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jonnie Rice Battles Short Notice, Self-Doubt To Score Stunning Upset Over Michael Coffie

Jonnie Rice found out he would be fighting Michael Coffie on national television the same way and the same time everyone else did. Rice was enlisted as a standby alternate for the scheduled bout between Coffie and Gerald Alexander, a common practice particularly during pandemic-era boxing. Two weeks prior to the bout, Rice had checked in with Washington to wish him well, and Washington revealed to him that he wasn't feeling well. Rice suggested that maybe he was just overtraining, offered some friendly encouragement and thought nothing more of it.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He whooped Coffie like he stole something. Ironically at the very time I was thinking to myself. This looks like Douglas vs Tyson. The commentator said the exact same thing a few minutes later.
    The Big Dunn The Big Dunn likes this.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, who's Gerald Alexander?

Comment

Before the fight and being persuaded by the narrative of the media analysts I was thinking "how long will Rice last"? It was obvious to me that Rice wasn't fighting like the analysts projected he would and one see that he was consistently getting the better of Coffee. Look forward to seeing Rice fight again. One piece of advice is that he trim up a bit and lose his middle age spread (or baby fat?).

Comment

Beating a NEVER WAS is now an upset ?!?!

Comment

Rice vs Dubois

Comment

Working...
            X