Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eumir Marcial Knocks Arman Darchinyan Out In 1st Round, Joins Khyzhniak, Sousa, Bakshi In Middleweight Semifinals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Eumir Marcial Knocks Arman Darchinyan Out In 1st Round, Joins Khyzhniak, Sousa, Bakshi In Middleweight Semifinals

Eumir Marcial put his pro career on hold in order to leave his mark on amateur boxing's highest stage. The Manny Pacquiao-promoted representative of Philippines advances to the semifinal round of the men's middleweight division following a first-round knockout of Armenia's Arman Darchinyan. A right hook put Darchinyan down and out at 2:11 of round one.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 08-01-2021, 06:10 AM.

Guaranteed a medal.

Comment

A pro fighting amateurs? Hmmm... worthless medal in that case.

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
        Darchinyan is also a pro with a 1-0 record just like Marcial. In other words they are both barely pros.

Marcial has been impressive though in this Olympics. None of his two opponents so far has lasted beyond the first round.

I think his fighting style will do well in the pros.
        Last edited by cjeagle1; 07-31-2021, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Well he's only 25 years old with just 1 fight as a pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
            Don't be hating

He has 1 pro fight

Plus darchinyan's nephew is a pro too

Trained out of roachs wildcard at one point

Comment

Originally posted by cjeagle1 View Post

Darchinyan is also a pro with a 1-0 record just like Marcial. In other words they are both barely pros.

Marcial has been impressive though in this Olympics. None of his two opponents so far has lasted beyond the first round.

I think his fighting style will do well in the pros.
              Marcial has a pro style too

He punches for power and works the body a lot.

He could be a decent pro if given the opportunity.

Comment

Meh. The bronze medal is the most he could get. His next fight is against Khyzniak. They fought before and Marcial lost badly (received a 8 count). Even if he gets through Khyzniak, he's fighting Bakshi in the finals who destroyed him in their previous bout.

Comment

Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post
                  Meh. The bronze medal is the most he could get. His next fight is against Khyzniak. They fought before and Marcial lost badly (received a 8 count). Even if he gets through Khyzniak, he's fighting Bakshi in the finals who destroyed him in their previous bout.
                  Still a medal bro

If I won a bronze, I'd wear that **** in the shower and in my sleep.

Remember he's not from the u.s.

We're spoiled here. We get dozens of gold and tons of silver and bronze medals every Olympics.

For poor countries like Philippines with little funding and sponsorship, a bronze is a big deal.

Comment

I think Marcial did well while training with the US Olympic boxing team in Colorado. Soon after that I was surprised to see AP started ranking him as the favorite to win the gold medal in the middleweight division in the Olympics even though the AIBA doesn't rank him as #1.

https://apnews.com/article/sports-20...6e6555effc47be
                    Last edited by cjeagle1; 08-01-2021, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X