Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Leigh Wood Shocks Xu Can, Stops Him in Twelfth For WBA Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Leigh Wood Shocks Xu Can, Stops Him in Twelfth For WBA Title

By Ron Lewis - Leigh Wood pulled off a big upset as he tore the WBA featherweight title from Xu Can, stopping his 17 seconds from the end of the twelfth and final round on the opening night of Matchroom's Fight Camp in Brentwood, Essex.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 07-31-2021, 05:57 PM.

Kicking off three consecutive weekends of fights from Matchroom HQ, Brentwood, champion featherweight XU CAN looks to defend his WBA strap for the third time, facing off against British challenger LEIGH WOOD.

The Chinese featherweight comes into the bout on an impressive 15 fight win streak, recently edging out Manny Robles III in a classic brawl back in 2019. WOOD comes into the fight off a win against fellow countryman Reece Mould, having lost before that to an impressive Jazza Dickens in a failed bid to defend his WBO European featherweight title. The gritty Brit will be wanting to put a stop to the XU CAN train and re-establish himself as a top featherweight contender.

Comment

Won't be surprised if Lee KO's Xu.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
        Won't be surprised if Lee KO's Xu.
        I wouldn't bet on it personally but it is actually a very real possibility, that's what makes this fight an interesting one IMO. You ever thought of joining in the Pick Em, man?

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/b...31st-july-2021

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post

I wouldn't bet on it personally but it is actually a very real possibility, that's what makes this fight an interesting one IMO. You ever thought of joining in the Pick Em, man?

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/b...31st-july-2021
          No, I'm not familiar with betting at all... more into vaping

Comment

I agree that Wood is a VERY live dog here

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
              I agree that Wood is a VERY live dog here
              I’m guessing he’s got some legit power?

Comment

Anyone catch the undercard on DAZN? I will freely admit she's young enough to be my dughter but Sandy Ryan is kinda hot, you wouldn't think it particularly from her Boxrec photo, but y'know all flushed and sweaty... umm... I'll stop now.

Sandy-Ryan-652x1024-1.jpg

Comment

Even without Benn/Granados, I'm pretty excited for this card and this Maya Jama chick is pretty hot tbh

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post

No, I'm not familiar with betting at all... more into vaping
                    Ain't really betting although there is prizes at the end of the year. Just a prediction league for fun and bragging rights really.

Comment

Working...
                    X