Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sandy Ryan Outclasses Kirstie Bavington, Wins Decision Over Six

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sandy Ryan Outclasses Kirstie Bavington, Wins Decision Over Six

Sandy Ryan won the opening bout of Fight Camp as she outclassed Kirstie Bavington in a six-twos on her professional debut. It was a damp start to Eddie Hearn's summer festival of boxing in his old back garden in Essex, which marked his first UK show since switching broadcasters to DAZN.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Nothing but support for the cutie from the East Midlands
    Citizen Koba Citizen Koba likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
      Nothing but support for the cutie from the East Midlands
      Skills-wise, I liked what I saw. She had a certain fluidity in the ring and was given a game, if limited, opponent. I think she will do well as she progresses. And yes, she's incredibly cute.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Skills-wise, I liked what I saw. She had a certain fluidity in the ring and was given a game, if limited, opponent. I think she will do well as she progresses. And yes, she's incredibly cute.
        mom afraid I am incredibly biased in favour of the women back home. Even though I love the life here the women do not compare to English, Scottish, Welsh, Cornish, so on and so forth. The women’s boxing scene is superior in the U.K. compared to the USA. Would love to see all female cards out of the U.K. over here

Comment

mom afraid I am incredibly biased in favour of the women back home. Even though I love the life here the women do not compare to English, Scottish, Welsh, Cornish, so on and so forth. The women’s boxing scene is superior in the U.K. compared to the USA. Would love to see all female cards out of the U.K. over here
          Haha. To each their own regarding their tastes in women. I will leave those UK girls to you.

As for the women's boxing, UK women are top flight IMO. The US has some talent like Serrano, Estrada, Shields and Mayer but the UK really puts on some good matchups. The overall talent seems deeper. Tasha Jonas and her battles with Harper and Taylor were top notch, Marshall is usually blasting someone out and a skill level down you have entertaining fights like Ball vs Courtenay.

I don't go out of my way to watch women's boxing but if the fight is competitive and showcases some basic skills, I can be entertained. There have been a few fights that are every bit as entertaining as the men.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Haha. To each their own regarding their tastes in women. I will leave those UK girls to you.

As for the women's boxing, UK women are top flight IMO. The US has some talent like Serrano, Estrada, Shields and Mayer but the UK really puts on some good matchups. The overall talent seems deeper. Tasha Jonas and her battles with Harper and Taylor were top notch, Marshall is usually blasting someone out and a skill level down you have entertaining fights like Ball vs Courtenay.

I don't go out of my way to watch women's boxing but if the fight is competitive and showcases some basic skills, I can be entertained. There have been a few fights that are every bit as entertaining as the men.
            Do you know what the issue was with Marshall training at the Mayweather gym? I get the sense Marshall feels she made a mistake moving to the USA to train and fight under Mayweather. And in regards to Marshall, I like that she actually stops her opponents, that’s a rare thing in women’s boxing

Comment

Do you know what the issue was with Marshall training at the Mayweather gym? I get the sense Marshall feels she made a mistake moving to the USA to train and fight under Mayweather. And in regards to Marshall, I like that she actually stops her opponents, that’s a rare thing in women’s boxing
              I only know what was reported at the time. It didn't sound like she had much interaction with Floyd himself and that whatever she felt was initially promised wasn't actually delivered. I know she also also said she missed home. I don't think she was with TMT very long.

I'm not sure who would win between her and Shields but it's the only relevant fight for both of them. Hopefully it can be made.

Comment

Working...
              X