Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martin Way Overweight For Mielnicki Rematch; Mielnicki Gets New Foe For FOX Co-Feature

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Martin Way Overweight For Mielnicki Rematch; Mielnicki Gets New Foe For FOX Co-Feature

NEWARK, New Jersey - Vito Mielnicki Jr. is done with James Martin, just not in the way that the welterweight prospect had hoped. Martin was way over the contracted weight of 147 pounds for what was supposed to be an immediate rematch Saturday night at Prudential Center. Once Mielnicki's team learned Friday morning that Martin wouldn't even come close to making 147 pounds, Mielnicki agreed to instead face Noah Kidd in the eight-round co-feature of a "FOX PBC Fight Night" broadcast scheduled to start at 8 p.m. EDT.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sounds to me like they really did not want to fight this guy again, lol. That young Vito's comments on his opponent show, I believe, a lack of respect towards a guy who schooled him.

Comment

No sympathy. Losers shouldn't get to rewrite the rules in their favour for the rematch...

Comment

I'm not excusing Martin for not making weight, but as I'm reading the quotes, Vito comes off sounding incredibly entitled, arrogant and not particularly humbled by his loss. Martin too big for Vito at 151 so his fellow welterweight stablemate gets him and Vito gets what appears to be the easier fight in Kidd (who ironically enough normally fights at junior middleweight).

I hope I don't have to see much more of either Mielnicki or Nikita Abibiy taking up air time for more deserving fighters that I'd rather watch.
        jonnyc420 jonnyc420 likes this.

Comment

This card is like Matchroom UK level bad.

Comment

I don't care for Mielnicki, he probably dodged another bullet here. That attitude needs work too, hasn't done anything in the sport. No excuses for Martin, he was unprofessional in what would have probably netted him a bigger fight if he schooled Vito again.

Comment

Wow - he got beat by Martin, but didn’t get “schooled “ as some of you think. And no doubt Martin wants no part of Meilnicki again (without a huge weight advantage). No doubt meilnicki was going to stop Martin, probably TKO or even KO. He wasn’t expecting Martin to be as good as he was going by his record.
              and to the guy that doesn’t like Vito or Nikita - what’s the problem with them. Nikita had a good amateur career as did Vito and both steeping it up early in their pro careers.
              GucciGod GucciGod likes this.

Comment

Uncle Al paid off Martin to come in overweight

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                  This card is like Matchroom UK level bad.
                  Do you think Matchroom UK cards are worse than Warren's Queensbury cards? I only catch the occasional Warren card when ESPN and TR choose to air them. I never noticed them to be any better than Matchroom.
                  GucciGod GucciGod likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyCan View Post
                    ...and to the guy that doesn’t like Vito or Nikita - what’s the problem with them. Nikita had a good amateur career as did Vito and both steeping it up early in their pro careers.
                    Regardless of their amateur careers, I don't rate either of them highly. I thought Mielnicki clearly lost that fight, it was convincing enough for the judges to give it to a clear B-side who was brought in to lose. Abibiy catches way too many shots clean to the head.

I've seen them showcased against no-hopers and I've seen them have issues against guys a notch above that. They are early in their careers and I get that a certain level of competition is to be expected but I'd rather them buried deep down on the non-televised portion of the card rather than as a co-feature.
                    aaronbnb aaronbnb likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X