Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Warns: Fury is Better Fighter, But Wilder's Power is Like a Loaded Gun

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum Warns: Fury is Better Fighter, But Wilder's Power is Like a Loaded Gun

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum, who co-promotes WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury, has compared upcoming opponent Deontay Wilder to a "loaded gun." Fury will defend his title against Wilder in a trilogy fight on October 9th at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I just hope that Tyson Fury is focused and prepared this time and don't have another one of his nervous breakdowns just days out from the fight. This is it. I just hope that he finds just a smidgen of courage to step inside of that ring with Deontay Wilder on October 9th. However, I remain both cynical and skeptical that he does. Even if he is not fully prepared just honor the contractual rematch clause which he signed in order to get the fight over with.

Comment

The longer the delay for a third fight, the more I give Wilder more of a chance, although of course Fury is the better boxer.

I don't know how Fury is after the covid, if he was very sick, and if he was struggling in sparring, but sparring shouldn't be looked into too much.

Comment

A genuine question to Wilder fans. What is there to like about him? KO's I understand, that's what casual boxing fans watch for. But the guy is very limited skillwise, is often losing his fights until the KO, is full of himself (JRE episode he just repeats how amazing it is to be him) and he is undoubtedly the most sore loser of all time. The list of excuses is probably the longest in professional sports history, despite it being no shocker that a guy who is more skilled than him in every aspect of boxing who is also bigger beats him. On top his comments are uneducated and simple not to forget toxic (with talk about killing people in the ring etc, celebrating Joshua losing). What do you like about the guy?
        greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Unlike Joshua and the rest of the field Tyson on top form has the skills to avoid those big bombs but it's no secret that if he turns off for one second it's game over. We all know why young Edward kept his cash cow out of harms way and that Ruiz did such a demolition job on him only proves that they were right to do a runner.

Comment

We've seen Fury win 14 out of 19 rounds between them so far.

Wilder's power hasn't been able to prevent that.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgochump View Post
              A genuine question to Wilder fans. What is there to like about him? KO's I understand, that's what casual boxing fans watch for. But the guy is very limited skillwise, is often losing his fights until the KO, is full of himself (JRE episode he just repeats how amazing it is to be him) and he is undoubtedly the most sore loser of all time. The list of excuses is probably the longest in professional sports history, despite it being no shocker that a guy who is more skilled than him in every aspect of boxing who is also bigger beats him. On top his comments are uneducated and simple not to forget toxic (with talk about killing people in the ring etc, celebrating Joshua losing). What do you like about the guy?
              You won’t get an answer it’ll be avoided unless you make it a thread itself then ask questions.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgochump View Post

We like entertainment not necessarily him. Knockouts = entertainment it’s really not that hard to understand. 42 wins 41 knockouts that’s what we like. This is boxing not Stanford University, we don’t care how smart he is or how he talks.

So now let me ask you. What do you like about Tyson Fury? He’s been caught in the ring with the thumb strap cut on his glove, suspended for PEDS, drug addict who encourages cocaine use, does interviews high, lied about giving money to charity, tried to weasel out of a contract agreement, accused of cheating by referees, sparring partners, and former opponents. Also, one of the most boring heavyweights in the history of boxing. In my opinion Wilder excuses are no worse than Fury excuses for his failed ped tests. “Pig testicles”.
                TMTForever99 TMTForever99 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post

You won’t get an answer it’ll be avoided unless you make it a thread itself then ask questions.
                  Why are you in this thread?

This is about the Wilder vs Fury fight that is happening next.

Not about some non-existent Fury vs Joshua fight.

Comment

Tyson is a loaded gun and decked wilder also. But with wilder he decked fury with just about the only punche s he landed. Fury used wilder as a punch bag and decked him twice as a result but had to soften him up
                    Last edited by hugh grant; 07-30-2021, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X