Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bivol's Promoter: The Canelo Fight Has Been Mentioned To Us, It's a Great Test

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bivol's Promoter: The Canelo Fight Has Been Mentioned To Us, It's a Great Test

World of Boxing's Andrey Ryabinskiy, promoter for WBA light heavyweight champion Dmitry Bivol, has confirmed that his company has indeed been approached about the possibility of facing Saul "Canelo" Alvarez in the fall.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That will be a great fight. Canelo vs Beterbiev at 175 will be the fight to watch.

Comment

This would be a fantastic fight. Bivol, while not well-known, is an true, elite LHW. Wonder how Canelo will handle his combinations and power. Might be doing this one just for his haters. This is a very dangerous fight for Canelo.
      Slowhand Slowhand likes this.

Comment

I feel like Canelo is played out. We've seen the same movie too many times. Floyd made Boxing the most money so we saw that same movie for a decade, and now with Canelo it's a continuation of the same thing. I just don't really care who he fights. Pretty much everyone underperforms like crazy when they fight him. Sure you can say that's because of Canelo, but when you watch boxing long enough, you can tell when one boxer is performing great, but also, when one boxer is performing poorly. GGG was never such a basic plodding fighter until he fought Canelo. The Callum Smith we saw vs N'Dam and others was not who showed up vs Canelo. Kovalev had enough power to keep one of the strongest LHW's we've seen, Anthony Yarde, honest all fight, then enough to KO him with a jab once he got tired. Vs little Canelo, suddenly Kovalev was Paulie Malignaggi. And no he wasn't weight drained because Canelo fought him at 175 with a 10 lbs rehydration clause, and Kovalev doesn't rehydrate more than 10 lbs either.

It's just boring at this point. Heck, Dmitry Bivol has started to underperform before even getting in the ring with Canelo. Back when the boxing establishment was trying to build him into a big star, the next GGG, Bivol was knocking everyone out in line with the promotional push. Once it became clear he was not a ticket seller and never would be, suddenly he becomes Paulie Malignaggi too, and starts fighting only once a year, and basically takes a backseat to other guys who sell more tickets.

It's funny how that works, right?

So if this fight gets made, Bivol will probably start performing like he has no power, and run all night from little Canelo, instead of keeping Canelo at mid and long range and piecing him up with fast, full power combinations, and quickly depleting his low stamina tank and then putting an extended beating on him once he's a sitting duck the last six rounds of the fight. This is despite facing an opponent who has equal handspeed, worse footspeed, shorter reach, worse stamina, and is less powerful, less strong, basically worse-in-every-way-except-head-movement opponent (which can be easily negated when you have every other advantage). Don't get me wrong, Canelo is physically stronger P4P, but at light heavyweight, Bivol is physically stronger and has advantages in every area except head movement, and handspeed which is a tie.

It's played out. It's boring to watch the same movie over and over, first with Floyd, now with Canelo. It almost doesn't matter who Canelo faces anymore. It's the same script just with one new actor. As talented as Canelo is, that's just boring.
        Last edited by Boxing Logic; 07-29-2021, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
          Kovalev had enough power to keep one of the strongest LHW's we've seen, Anthony Yarde, honest all fight, then enough to KO him with a jab once he got tired. Vs little Canelo, suddenly Kovalev was Paulie Malignaggi.
          Lmao. That’s hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
            I feel like Canelo is played out. We've seen the same movie too many times. Floyd made Boxing the most money so we saw that same movie for a decade, and now with Canelo it's a continuation of the same thing. I just don't really care who he fights. Pretty much everyone underperforms like crazy when they fight him. Sure you can say that's because of Canelo, but when you watch boxing long enough, you can tell when one boxer is performing great, but also, when one boxer is performing poorly. GGG was never such a basic plodding fighter until he fought Canelo. The Callum Smith we saw vs N'Dam and others was not who showed up vs Canelo. Kovalev had enough power to keep one of the strongest LHW's we've seen, Anthony Yarde, honest all fight, then enough to KO him with a jab once he got tired. Vs little Canelo, suddenly Kovalev was Paulie Malignaggi. And no he wasn't weight drained because Canelo fought him at 175 with a 10 lbs rehydration clause, and Kovalev doesn't rehydrate more than 10 lbs either.

It's just boring at this point. Heck, Dmitry Bivol has started to underperform before even getting in the ring with Canelo. Back when the boxing establishment was trying to build him into a big star, the next GGG, Bivol was knocking everyone out in line with the promotional push. Once it became clear he was not a ticket seller and never would be, suddenly he becomes Paulie Malignaggi too, and starts fighting only once a year, and basically takes a backseat to other guys who sell more tickets.

It's funny how that works, right?

So if this fight gets made, Bivol will probably start performing like he has no power, and run all night from little Canelo, instead of keeping Canelo at mid and long range and piecing him up with fast, full power combinations, and quickly depleting his low stamina tank and then putting an extended beating on him once he's a sitting duck the last six rounds of the fight. This is despite facing an opponent who has equal handspeed, worse footspeed, shorter reach, worse stamina, and is less powerful, less strong, basically worse-in-every-way-except-head-movement opponent (which can be easily negated when you have every other advantage). Don't get me wrong, Canelo is physically stronger P4P, but at light heavyweight, Bivol is physically stronger and has advantages in every area except head movement, and handspeed which is a tie.

It's played out. It's boring to watch the same movie over and over, first with Floyd, now with Canelo. It almost doesn't matter who Canelo faces anymore. It's the same script just with one new actor. As talented as Canelo is, that's just boring.
            so its rigged??

i and many others had ggg beating Canelo twice, and then Canelo ran so fast from 160 my head spun. many also had lara beating canelo and many had canelo winning at most 1 round vs mayweather but one judge had it even. if anything is rigged it is the judging.

Comment

Here come the Canelo haters to talk about rigged theory. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by MinuteMaid5
                Caleb Plant is a coward
                How is the man that signed his portion of the contract two weeks ago and gave everything he wanted minus the sick clause?

Comment

Believe me, this fight doesn’t happen. Canelo do not want this smoke!

Comment

Originally posted by Dle View Post
                    Believe me, this fight doesn’t happen. Canelo do not want this smoke!
                    I'm leaning that way too. But Canelo is too prideful and might fight him against his own instincts. Beterbiev is the one I'm sure of Canelo not fighting. Beterbiev is a heavyweight on fight night and would take Canelo's head off, unless Canelo's usual stipulations drain him to skeleton. Bivol is the more skilled one of the two tho.
                    BaguMka BaguMka likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X