Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Olympics 2021: Is This The Year For The U.S. Men?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Olympics 2021: Is This The Year For The U.S. Men?

By Cliff Rold - It's easy to take things for granted when they happen so regularly. For the United States, Olympic Gold medals were something one could take for granted for a long time. Sometimes, the men's boxing team would win more. Sometimes less.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I gave up on Olympic boxing years ago! Better to turn pro at a young age.................................................Ju st saying.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
      I gave up on Olympic boxing years ago! Better to turn pro at a young age.................................................Ju st saying.
      I agree with this. The only upside to an Olympic medal before a pro career is the promotional aspect. It seems medal winners get opportunities quicker and therefore better paydays but it's not a given by any means.

Comment

I've watched maybe 3 Olympic boxing fights in my life, and that's more than enough. Boxing is all about the pro ranks, if you don't do it as a pro, nobody rates or remembers you. Nash out.

Comment

I will never forget the robberies of fighters like Roy Jones, floyd Mayweather, Evander Holyfield etc. I think many Americans stopped caring about Olympic boxing after such blatant robberies back to back to back. I do however acknowledge that an Olympic medalist is an amateur elite that has a pedigree that gives him or her an advantage

Comment

Haven't seen much so far, what have been the best fights?

Comment

No one give two s h I t s about the wokelympics

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                Haven't seen much so far, what have been the best fights?
                Nothing stands out so far but the fight I'm looking forward the most is Keyshawn Davis vs Andy Cruz. If they both advance to the final that is.

They fought 3 times so far and Cruz won every time so this is Davis' last chance to redeem himself.

Also, the French guy Davis is fighting on Saturday is one of the few guys who managed to beat Cruz who only has 8 losses in his amateur career.

LW in general is the most interesting division to me.
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post

Nothing stands out so far but the fight I'm looking forward the most is Keyshawn Davis vs Andy Cruz. If they both advance to the final that is.

They fought 3 times so far and Cruz won every time so this is Davis' last chance to redeem himself.

Also, the French guy Davis is fighting on Saturday is one of the few guys who managed to beat Cruz who only has 8 losses in his amateur career.

LW in general is the most interesting division to me.
                  ​​​​​​
                  Yeah Davis had impressed me too, he’s USA’s only shot at a gold IMO. Personally, I think he’ll beat Cruz.

Torrez looks decent but I just can’t see him beating Jalolov. I thought Isley was unlucky in his split decision loss too, nobody is beating Khyzhniak at 75 kg though, he’s P4P the best amateur in the world IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                    I will never forget the robberies of fighters like Roy Jones, floyd Mayweather, Evander Holyfield etc. I think many Americans stopped caring about Olympic boxing after such blatant robberies back to back to back. I do however acknowledge that an Olympic medalist is an amateur elite that has a pedigree that gives him or her an advantage
                    Roy’s in 88 is the worst robbery in boxing period, he absolutely dominated that Korean dude.

I thought Floyd’s fight with Todorov was close tbh, I watched it back a few years ago and it’s not a terrible robbery or anything. I did think Floyd edged it though.

Holyfield’s is the BS DQ to Joseph Parker’s trainer right. That was a bad one too. He would have beaten the Yugoslavian in the final too.

Comment

Working...
                    X