Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia: I Would Love To Fight Josh Taylor - But He's With Top Rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia: I Would Love To Fight Josh Taylor - But He's With Top Rank

Mikey Garcia is hunting for big game in and around the 140-pound class, but do not expect Josh Taylor, the division's unified champion, to pop up on his list of potential targets anytime soon. Chalk it up to boxing politics.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That’s what is wrong with boxing I can’t fight him he’s with Top Rank Thanks Floyd and Al Haymon

Comment

I'm about sick of Mikey Garcia. The boxing businessman tanked his own career. I guess he can fight the 2nd tier guys. What is his best win, anyway? Broner? Salido? Easter?

Comment

“When has a fighter said ‘no’ to a good fight?” said Garcia. “Every fighter wants to fight the good fights. But you have to remind people that there’s a business side to it, where a promoter looks at the business side of it, before legacy and the interest of the fighter. He looks at the business first. The managers do the same, the networks. You gotta go through a bunch of other things to determine whether a fight is possible or not.”

Very well said. A lot of fans know this but still argue about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
          That’s what is wrong with boxing I can’t fight him he’s with Top Rank Thanks Floyd and Al Haymon
          Said like a true casual who started watching boxing in 2007.

De La Hoya said the same thing to Mayweather when Mayweather was in Top Rank. I can’t fight you because you are with Top Rank.

Shane Mosley also turned down Mayweather twice. Reality was, it wasn’t due to toothaches or vacations, as funny as those excuses were. It was because Mosley couldn’t do business with Top Rank.

Mayweather and Haymon had nothing to do with why boxers outside of Top Rank can’t do business with Top Rank. Mayweather’s lawsuit with TR was all about that reason. Top Rank could not offer Floyd the big fights he wanted.

Comment

You guys don’t see it. It’s the same punk sh-t Spence said about Bud.

So what if Taylor or Bud said the same thing? Oh well he’s with premier so just letting you know.

I tell ya. Sam Langford and Joe Gans are filling over in their graves.

Comment

I guess people forgot that Arum screwed Mikey over and there were significant legal issues between them.

That's why the fight can't happen.
              sicko sicko likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                I guess people forgot that Arum screwed Mikey over and there were significant legal issues between them.

That's why the fight can't happen.
                100% true! There can never be a fight with Garcia and anyone in Arum's stable, going by the fallout they had. It wasn't a very amicable separation between them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigchip View Post
                  You guys don’t see it. It’s the same punk sh-t Spence said about Bud.

So what if Taylor or Bud said the same thing? Oh well he’s with premier so just letting you know.

I tell ya. Sam Langford and Joe Gans are filling over in their graves.

Top rank and mikey had a contract dispute which led to mikey sitting out 2 years. He and arum will never do business again.

Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Delahoya , Moseley both fought Mayweather Kev so WTF are you talking about ?

Comment

Working...
                    X