Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gerald Washington Withdraws Due To COVID-19; Michael Coffie To Face Jonathan Rice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gerald Washington Withdraws Due To COVID-19; Michael Coffie To Face Jonathan Rice

Rising heavyweight Michael Coffie has a new opponent for FOX's main event Saturday night. BoxingScene.com has learned that Jonathan Rice has replaced an ill Gerald Washington, who was supposed to represent a step up in class for Coffie. Washington contracted COVID-19 and was forced to withdraw from their 10-round fight at Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This card was yeah when Washington was still part of it and now ….smh

the only good fox cards are all ppv

Comment

Rice isn’t as good but he’s more durable this will give Coffie maybe a few more rounds and Washington probably wasn’t going to press Coffie this may be a better entertainment match here ?

Comment

Where is the outrage like Fury received? Or the people accusing him of faking covid? Funny how that works.

Comment

Coffie finds himself in a situation where they will always need a standby just because of his talent and many so called fighters fear unless the money right. Coffie will have to be fast tracked for real now, this just the beginning but the division has so much up and coming talent it’s unreal. Jared Anderson has just about everything you want a heavyweight to have but we will need to see his heart when in deep and his chin which go hand in hand.

Comment

Rice is rated 100 in world .. still better than Ortiz's last opponent.

Comment

Coffie.
              like the drink, but spelt different..
              _Rexy_ _Rexy_ likes this.

Comment

Another apparent case of someone who didn’t bother with the vaccine. Hope he doesn’t pass it on to any love ones especially if they are older. In any event, Washington isn’t getting better with age or each ko so oh well. Vito milniecki is literally at a crossroads so early in his career. Another loss to the same guy really causes further damage to his career. I’ve wanted to see him do well but mentally I think he lacks the inner fire for adversity. When I read that he left training in California because he was homesick for his family that threw up some major warning signs. Good to see joey Spencer back in the saddle, I’m definitely high on that lad and I hope he keeps on keeping on with the wins
                Last edited by Oldskoolg; 07-27-2021, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Well if Canelo caught Covid right before Yildirim then perhaps Nelo could’ve had a faster KO than Superbad Estrada

Comment

Covid. The new excuse to get put of a fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X