Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joyce: Takam Hurt Me Mildly; I'm As Tough As They Come; Weathered Storm & Fired Right Back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joyce: Takam Hurt Me Mildly; I'm As Tough As They Come; Weathered Storm & Fired Right Back

Joe Joyce was honest. The big British heavyweight definitely felt some of those right hands Carlos Takam landed Saturday night. The 35-year-old Joyce, who is known for his iron chin, even acknowledged that Takam managed to hurt him slightly during an action-packed fight Joyce won by sixth-round technical knockout at Wembley Arena in London.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I get it youre the "juggernaught, but if you dont stop blocking punches with your face, youre gonna get ktfo by the big punchers of the division
    Fighter78 Fighter78 likes this.

Comment

He’s just too slow and he doesn’t move his head. The sense is the big three would have too much for him. However, he does seem to have a chin that may be approaching Ray Mercer territory and that jab is killer

Comment

I'm just enjoying the Juggernaut for what he is. However far he goes or doesn't go, it's going to be fun. The man is 35 so we aren't likely to see him in the ring for too many more years. Hopefully he gets his shot at one of the top dogs before he is too old.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
          He’s just too slow and he doesn’t move his head. The sense is the big three would have too much for him. However, he does seem to have a chin that may be approaching Ray Mercer territory and that jab is killer
          I been saying it....this guy isn't going anywhere in the heavyweight division....too damn slow and lethargic....even Tyson fooey or Beyonce wilder would KO this guy and I'd drop my money on that in a heartbeat.
          Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

I agree....however I really don't think he has an incredible chin or jab....I really think its just the opponents he's fighting.....Joe Joyce better stay in Europe and keep beating the bums over there because the second he ventures off to face an American his dreams are gonna be all over.....even the Charles martins of the world might be too much for him. He's that slow and inaccurate.
            Last edited by Fighter78; 07-28-2021, 06:07 AM.

Comment

“It has to do with technical skill and tactics and, you know, being able to ride shots, block shots, use my footwork,” Joyce said. “It’s like, you know, the sweet science of boxing. So, I used that to great effect.”

Hurt mildy? He sounds concussed to me.

Comment

Ray Mercer maybe. Vitali Klitschko is the man in that respect. Rock solid chin so that even the hardest uppercut Lennox Lewis could throw didn't take him out.

If Joyce can approach that level, maybe he can win the HW championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighter78 View Post

I agree....however I really don't think he has an incredible chin or jab....I really think its just the opponents he's fighting.....Joe Joyce better stay in Europe and keep beating the bums over there because the second he ventures off to face an American his dreams are gonna be all over.....even the Charles martins and Bermaine Stivernes of the world might be too much for him. He's that slow and inaccurate.
                  I guess you missed Joyce stopping Stiverne 2 years ago then mate ?

Comment

Don't sleep on the guy. He's a very dangerous opponent for anyone in the division.

Comment

Working...
                    X