Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gilberto Ramirez Aims To Land Dmitry Bivol, Feels Ready To Face Him Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gilberto Ramirez Aims To Land Dmitry Bivol, Feels Ready To Face Him Next

Mexico's Gilberto "Zurdo" Ramirez (42-0, 28 KOs) is marching full steam ahead in his quest to capture a world title at the light heavyweight limit of 175-pounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This will be the best opponent Bivol has faced in a couple of years.

Hopefully they get it signed.

Comment

Interesting fight. Wonder if the winner could get Canelo back to 175...

Comment

Very good fight if it happens. Could marinate a bit longer to make it bigger, but still a great fight for both if it happens now.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          This will be the best opponent Bivol has faced in a couple of years.

Hopefully they get it signed.
          It’s arguably the best guy he’s faced period.

I like Bivol by decision.

Comment

Hopefully this fight gets done.

Comment

I like this fight for sure. Might have them fight on the same card in the fall and then meet early 2022. The winner sure would look a good bet to get in the ring with Canelo end of 2022 if he's still with DAZN. Make it happen Oscar & Eddie.

Comment

First good match up for DAZN this year IF it happens.

Comment

From a business standpoint, does it make sense for Bivol? Canelo likes titles and he's about to clear out the Super Middleweight division (provided he fights and beats Plant). Bivol has the WBA "super" title at LHW which he can pretty much sit on so long as they allow him. He's a Matchroom fighter so it's an easy fight to make.
                  On one hand if he fights and beats Zurdo, he has a nice win and they can push some "Mexican payback" narrative for Canelo to avenge Zurdo's loss. If he loses, he's out on the Canelo payday and has to find another belt the make himself relevant again.

Hopefully it gets made, I like Bivol by decision but I think it's a close fight.

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                    From a business standpoint, does it make sense for Bivol? Canelo likes titles and he's about to clear out the Super Middleweight division (provided he fights and beats Plant). Bivol has the WBA "super" title at LHW which he can pretty much sit on so long as they allow him. He's a Matchroom fighter so it's an easy fight to make.
                    On one hand if he fights and beats Zurdo, he has a nice win and they can push some "Mexican payback" narrative for Canelo to avenge Zurdo's loss. If he loses, he's out on the Canelo payday and has to find another belt the make himself relevant again.

Hopefully it gets made, I like Bivol by decision but I think it's a close fight.

​​​​​
                    Canelo has a lot of options, including Beterbiev at 175. There's no guarantee that Bivol gets the call from him anytime soon.

So I would jump on the Gilberto Ramirez fight if it's being offered.

Comment

Working...
                    X