Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder's Coach Confident Delay Will Benefit His Fighter More Than Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wilder's Coach Confident Delay Will Benefit His Fighter More Than Fury

Malik Soctt, the new head trainer for heavyweight contender Deontay Wilder, believes his fighter will receive the most benefit from the most recent delay to the trilogy fight with WBC world champion Tyson Fury.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This fight isn't happening. I don't know why it's still being talked about. I would like to hope I'm wrong but this doesn't feel like it's gonna happen.
    Boxing Beast Boxing Beast likes this.

Comment

Eh. What else was he gonna say. Nothing has changed. Will take Wilder landing a bomb otherwise Fury wins going away

Comment

Actually the other way. Wilder never had such a long layoff and this layoff is getting longer for 2,5 months. Fury has already experience with layoffs + psychological advantage over Wilder. The younger & fresher Wilder couldn't beat Fury in the first 2 fights so how can he beat him in the 3rd fight ?

Comment

Going to get a comment in before the anti wilder militants have a go. Agreed, wilder benefits from more training, more sparring and moving around, and more weight training. Not sure where Fury’s mind is right now but I believe it favours wilder

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
            Going to get a comment in before the anti wilder militants have a go. Agreed, wilder benefits from more training, more sparring and moving around, and more weight training. Not sure where Fury’s mind is right now but I believe it favours wilder
            You can't compare training sessions with an actual fight. Especially not with Fury as your opponent. And again the longer the layoff for Wilder the worse for him. You will see ring rust early in the fight.
            leeroy84 leeroy84 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
              Actually the other way. Wilder never had such a long layoff and this layoff is getting longer for 2,5 months. Fury has already experience with layoffs + psychological advantage over Wilder. The younger & fresher Wilder couldn't beat Fury in the first 2 fights so how can he beat him in the 3rd fight ?
              People really acting like Fury-Wilder 1 was a land slide win for Fury. Mans got dropped twice, was unconscious for a short period of time, and landed less than 8 punches a round. If he never had such a long lay off how do you know how his body will react to it?

Comment

Well I guess it gives him another couple of months to TRY and teach Wilder to box.

It's not going to make any difference though because Wilder is BROKEN. Fury didn't just beat Wilder in that second fight, he physically, psychologically and emotionally broke the man.

He doesn't believe for a second that he can beat Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by Amir Imam View Post

People really acting like Fury-Wilder 1 was a land slide win for Fury. Mans got dropped twice, was unconscious for a short period of time, and landed less than 8 punches a round. If he never had such a long lay off how do you know how his body will react to it?

Wilder couldn't even beat a 50% Fury after a 3 year layoff. It was a draw but still Wilder couldn't beat the worst version of Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post

Wilder couldn't even beat a 50% Fury after a 3 year layoff. It was a draw but still Wilder couldn't beat the worst version of Fury.
                    We all know that it wasn't a draw by ANY stretch of the imagination. Wilder won 2 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X