Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew Explains Why Joe Joyce is a Problem For All Top Heavyweights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bellew Explains Why Joe Joyce is a Problem For All Top Heavyweights

Former cruiserweight champion Tony Bellew views unbeaten heavyweight Joe Joyce as a very tough out for any fighter in boxing's biggest weight class. Joyce (13-0, 12 KOs) moved a step closer to a world title shot on Saturday night, when he stopped veteran Carlos Takam in the sixth round of action.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I stopped reading after “Bellew explains”

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
      I stopped reading after “Bellew explains”
      Missed this doozy then: "Anthony Joshua is probably the best conditioned heavyweight of the last 20 years"

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post

Missed this doozy then: "Anthony Joshua is probably the best conditioned heavyweight of the last 20 years"
        To be fair, in the Ruiz rematch AJ did show some serious movement and engine. Maybe he should keep his weight around 235-240, he still punches hard enough with both hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post

To be fair, in the Ruiz rematch AJ did show some serious movement and engine. Maybe he should keep his weight around 235-240, he still punches hard enough with both hands.
          Yeah, when he's not bodybuilding his stamina definitely seems better, and he learned that the hard way a couple of times it seems.

Comment

Joyce won't get far with that square stance, and arm punches. When he finally gets in the ring with a real HW I think it will become obvious that any fighter who can move well with adequate speed and power will be able to puncture Joyce's wide guard, not to mention step around his stance and punish him from angles.

I don't give him a hope beyond becoming a gatekeeper.

Comment

AJ is best conditioned he said, I want to Joyce take combinations from AJ or taste the detonator from Bomber. Then come back n tell he can take punch. Joyce is poised and slow with no fast combination

Comment

Takam (or Povetkin) from 5-6 years ago would pummel Joyce for 12 rounds or until someone threw in the towel.

Against any top fighter, not rooted to the ground in front of Joyce, is going to pose serious problems.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post

Exactly!

Joshua can't fight one round hard without starting to blow up.

Wilder is probably the biggest challenge for Joyce due his one hit stopping power.

Joshua is would need to gamble on being able to get Joyce out early and fury would need to be in tip top condition and outbox/outfox Joyce.
                  Butt stuff Butt stuff likes this.

Comment

I wish I could understood what Bellew meant when he said that Joshua is a best conditioned HW of the last 20 years. But, I guess, this mystery will die with Bellew. I mean..did he mean best looking HW? That's probably what he meant with his "guy crash" on AJ.
                    Butt stuff Butt stuff likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X