Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shinard Bunch-Janelson Bocachica Results In Controversial Split Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shinard Bunch-Janelson Bocachica Results In Controversial Split Draw

Shinard Bunch forced Janelson Bocachica to eat jabs, right hands and his words Friday night. Inexplicably, though, only one of the three judges scored their 10-round welterweight fight for Bunch, who clearly out-boxed Bocachica. Detroit's Bocachica escaped with a split draw because judge Josef Mason scored the fight for him, 96-94, and judge Jeff Sinnett scored a bout Bunch obviously deserved to win a draw, 95-95.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Bunch can punch! He deserve a W tonight, i had 96-94 for him

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      Shinard Bunch forced Janelson Bocachica to eat jabs, right hands and his words Friday night. Inexplicably, though, only one of the three judges scored their 10-round welterweight fight for Bunch, who clearly out-boxed Bocachica. Detroit's Bocachica escaped with a split draw because judge Josef Mason scored the fight for him, 96-94, and judge Jeff Sinnett scored a bout Bunch obviously deserved to win a draw, 95-95.
      [Click Here To Read More]
      Oh come on, what's with the biased narrative?

That's pretty bad if you couldn't convince two judges that you should get your hand raised.

You're making it out like Williams/Lara.
      ​​​​​

Comment

I had it 97-93 for Bunch. I have been waiting for Bocachica to be exposed and thought it was tonight. He kept lunging in wildly and falling into Bunch but Bunch was warned for holding. Thankfully no point deduction.

I really don't understand what is so hard about judging. I normally favor the aggressive fighter coming forward when I score and I still had it 97-93 for the boxer. One dude was missing wildly, getting his head snapped back by jabs and was getting hit harder than he was hitting. He should not have been given a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Oh come on, what's with the biased narrative?

That's pretty bad if you couldn't convince two judges that you should get your hand raised.

You're making it out like Williams/Lara.
          ​​​​​
          Did you watch the fight?

Comment

Hmm I thought girly mouth lost that one handily

Comment

This was a clear win for Bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Did you watch the fight?
                It doesn't matter whether I did or didn't.

"AT The End Of The Day", one guy couldn't convince two judges that he clearly won.

I already know why that was and why NSB is again inconsistent.

When you have a boxer who doesn't go overly aggressive, that boxer is going to be fighting from behind if his name is not Floyd Mayweather.

That's why Manny lost to Jeff Horn. Because he didn't throw for the fences in all 12 rounds like he normally would have.

It's why Porter arguably lost to Ugas. Because he went in there fighting like he was Floyd.

It's why Berto lost to Guerrero - trying to shoulder roll when defense was never his strong point.

Shinard Bunch has been an aggressive fighter the vast majority of his career. All of a sudden he's fighting measured and "smart" against Bocachica - why? He didn't want to get knocked out.

Just like Mikey Garcia against Spence. Oh, yeah. And we saw how that went.

I'll even use NSB's favorite, CompuBox on this one.

bunch-bocachica-compubox.jpg

Let's see. Boca landed more power punches...so by NSB logic, he should clearly be the winner. Right?

But in all seriousness, I see a similar work rate, I see a slight edge to Bunch, I see a strong start and a taper off for Boca in general, but largely recovering at the end of the fight, and I see Boca abandoned the jab while Bunch figured out what a jab was late in the fight.

My point, NSB, is that when things are this close...it's NOT a robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

It doesn't matter whether I did or didn't.

"AT The End Of The Day", one guy couldn't convince two judges that he clearly won.

I already know why that was and why NSB is again inconsistent.

When you have a boxer who doesn't go overly aggressive, that boxer is going to be fighting from behind if his name is not Floyd Mayweather.

That's why Manny lost to Jeff Horn. Because he didn't throw for the fences in all 12 rounds like he normally would have.

It's why Porter arguably lost to Ugas. Because he went in there fighting like he was Floyd.

It's why Berto lost to Guerrero - trying to shoulder roll when defense was never his strong point.

Shinard Bunch has been an aggressive fighter the vast majority of his career. All of a sudden he's fighting measured and "smart" against Bocachica - why? He didn't want to get knocked out.

Just like Mikey Garcia against Spence. Oh, yeah. And we saw how that went.

I'll even use NSB's favorite, CompuBox on this one.

bunch-bocachica-compubox.jpg

Let's see. Boca landed more power punches...so by NSB logic, he should clearly be the winner. Right?

But in all seriousness, I see a similar work rate, I see a slight edge to Bunch, I see a strong start and a taper off for Boca in general, but largely recovering at the end of the fight, and I see Boca abandoned the jab while Bunch figured out what a jab was late in the fight.

My point, NSB, is that when things are this close...it's NOT a robbery.
                  Alot of nonsense written when all you had to do was say "no sir, I didn't watch the fight. I just wanted to come here and complain about something else".

You complain this much about everything?

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Alot of nonsense written when all you had to do was say "no sir, I didn't watch the fight. I just wanted to come here and complain about something else".

You complain this much about everything?
                    "At The End Of The Day", a close fight is NOT a robbery, brother, and you guys are inconsistent.

Broner/Maidana you say had Broner "clearly" losing despite taking over the second half by finally boxing smart, but this guy Bunch you say "clearly" won because he outboxed.

Inconsistent.

Your guy didn't fight like he normally fights and the judges punished him.

I know you don't like that but that's how it works.

I'm not saying Boca won. I'm saying IT WAS NOT A ROBBERY and you guys need to stop with the robbery narrative when your guy doesn't get his hand raised.

Comment

Working...
                    X