Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kownacki: Postponement Of Helenius Rematch Sucks; Can't Wait For Nightmare To Be Over

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kownacki: Postponement Of Helenius Rematch Sucks; Can't Wait For Nightmare To Be Over

By Keith Idec - Adam Kownacki couldn't believe it. The heavyweight contender had barely one week left to complete training camp for his long-awaited shot at redemption. Kownacki's rematch with Robert Helenius had already been pushed back by several months, but their July 24 fight on the Tyson Fury-Deontay Wilder undercard was just two weeks away.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Kownacki/Helenius and Ajagba/Sanchez should have gone ahead as planned but they need real fights to prop up the crooked circus that is Wilder/Fury.
    IAMTHAT IAMTHAT likes this.

Comment

It appears a lot of fighters are pulling out right at the death which, unless they have a legitimate reason, is a really ****ty thing to do - especially if it's a strategic move to either put an opponent off or to force a renegotiation or try luring in another less threatening fighter.

It's only good for those fighters who like to stay in shape all year round and can step in at a week's notice.

Comment

Originally posted by TinAgeOfBoxing View Post
        Kownacki/Helenius and Ajagba/Sanchez should have gone ahead as planned but they need real fights to prop up the crooked circus that is Wilder/Fury.
        Too bad these 2 fights are postponed as well. I would have watched them even wo the main event.

Comment

Somehow if feel Helenius will retire Kownacki on 9. october.
          FinlandsFinest FinlandsFinest likes this.

Comment

Kownacki needs to stop the BS and get his fat ass down to 230. lazy clown is one of my favorite fighters

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
              Kownacki needs to stop the BS and get his fat ass down to 230. lazy clown is one of my favorite fighters
              Agreed. He doesn’t have to be body beautiful but it does seem with proper diet and a conditioning coach that his game could be further enhanced

Comment

Helenius was complaining about being stuck with this rematch for so long before the COVID stuff kicked in. He won the fight and then found his career was completely stalled as he owed PBC a fight and all they offered him was this.

Comment

I dont know if Kownacki can change too much. He has an all action work rate and that's what him stand out. He can move his head a little more and tighten his defense but I'm still not sold on him doing anything but using constant offense as defense.

Comment

Kownacki should be delighted that he gets extra time to prepare considering its probably only the second clean camp of his career, its no coincidence that the wheels fell off in his first fight after Miller failed more drug tests

Comment

Working...
                    X