Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermell Charlo-Bakhram Murtazaliev Mandatory Title Fight Ordered By IBF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jermell Charlo-Bakhram Murtazaliev Mandatory Title Fight Ordered By IBF

The quest for an undisputed champion in the junior middleweight division has hit its second snag in less than a week. The International Boxing Federation (IBF) has ordered a mandatory title fight between its reigning champion Jermell Charlo and number-one contender Bakhram Murtazaliev. The fight was formally ordered on Wednesday, as confirmed to BoxingScene.com by the New Jersey-based sanctioning body.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Well, that sucks. Not that Murtazaliev doesn't deserve the fight as he has been a mandatory for a while.

Now, does the WBO order the mandatory for Tszyu/Castano?

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      Well, that sucks. Not that Murtazaliev doesn't deserve the fight as he has been a mandatory for a while.

Now, does the WBO order the mandatory for Tszyu/Castano?
      Whilst I’d prefer the rematch next. I don’t mind if we get Charlo-Murtazaliev and Castano-Tszyu next. Both good matchups IMO.

Comment

In general, we need undeserving mandatories to be blown out in embarrassing fashion to shame the alphabets.
        Shadoww702 Shadoww702 likes this.

Comment

Unification Trumps Mando
          patron patron likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Whilst I’d prefer the rematch next. I don’t mind if we get Charlo-Murtazaliev and Castano-Tszyu next. Both good matchups IMO.
            I don't know about Charlo/Murtazaliev to be honest, never been impressed with Murtazaliev. I agree on Castano/Tszyu though....The problem is right after these fights, the WBC will order the Lubin fight so the undisputed showdown is not going to happen anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

I don't know about Charlo/Murtazaliev to be honest, never been impressed with Murtazaliev. I agree on Castano/Tszyu though....The problem is right after these fights, the WBC will order the Lubin fight so the undisputed showdown is not going to happen anytime soon.
              Do you think there’s any chance Charlo drops the IBF? Not cause he’s avoiding Murtazaliev or anything but simply because he wants a bigger fight.

I actually really want to see Charlo-Lubin 2. I need that shot at redemption after picking and betting on Lubin in the first fight.

I do still think Lubin can beat him, he just has to stay out of trouble with is obviously easier said than done.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Do you think there’s any chance Charlo drops the IBF? Not cause he’s avoiding Murtazaliev or anything but simply because he wants a bigger fight.

I actually really want to see Charlo-Lubin 2. I need that shot at redemption after picking and betting on Lubin in the first fight.

I do still think Lubin can beat him, he just has to stay out of trouble with is obviously easier said than done.
                I'm with you, I want Lubin to get some payback but damn our boy makes it tough by getting buzzed every fight lol.

I don't know, I think he wants to badly be undisputed. PBC may have to offer a significant step aside to Murtazaliev again. Really hope the WBO doesn't order its mandatory and they are able to make the rematch for later this year...And then the winner of the fight can just drop the IBF allowing Murtazaliev to fight for it against an easier opponent.

Comment

Way to go ibf.... stupid
                  TinAgeOfBoxing TinAgeOfBoxing likes this.

Comment

Maybe I should have read the article lol:

The fresh round of negotiations will determine whether that fight first takes place, or if another deal can be reached to allow Charlo and Castaņo one more crack at crowning a four-belt king.
                    So you're telling me.................there is a chance???????

Comment

Working...
                    X