Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Whyte's Return Looking More Likely For September, Possible For Canelo Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Whyte's Return Looking More Likely For September, Possible For Canelo Card

Eddie Hearn, promoter for heavyweight contender Dillian Whyte, would like to place his next fight on the undercard of the super middleweight unification clash between Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez and Caleb Plant.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hopefully Al Haymon says hell no to that proposal.

Whyte belongs on the undercard of Ramon Alvarez, not Canelo Alvarez.

Comment

Was just reading over on ESPN, that Canelo vs Plant fight is almost done for September. Good to hear, looking forward to this one.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        Hopefully Al Haymon says hell no to that proposal.

Whyte belongs on the undercard of Ramon Alvarez, not Canelo Alvarez.
        If Whyte wants more marketability, he wants the Alvarez undercard. Since his Povetkin loss, I think the "eyeballs on screen" effect Alvarez brings should mean more. A win over a decent opponent might get him to the front of the waiting line of the HW titles once the Joshua/Usyk and Fury/Wilder dramas are settled, and the unifications are done. Or at the head of the line if the unifications fall through.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post

If Whyte wants more marketability, he wants the Alvarez undercard. Since his Povetkin loss, I think the "eyeballs on screen" effect Alvarez brings should mean more. A win over a decent opponent might get him to the front of the waiting line of the HW titles once the Joshua/Usyk and Fury/Wilder dramas are settled, and the unifications are done. Or at the head of the line if the unifications fall through.
          He’s not gonna fight somebody decent though, this guy is rejecting Charles Martin and talking about fighting Franklin. I don’t wanna have to sit through that sh** waiting for Canelo-Plant. I don’t want to watch a Whyte fight in general tbh. He’s trash IMO. Sloppy and boring.

Comment

Whyte vs Arreola would be the perfect fight for the undercard.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

He’s not gonna fight somebody decent though, this guy is rejecting Charles Martin and talking about fighting Franklin. I don’t wanna have to sit through that sh** waiting for Canelo-Plant. I don’t want to watch a Whyte fight in general tbh. He’s trash IMO. Sloppy and boring.
              Nah. He's not a world-beater, but Whyte has been in many better fights that would be more entertaining than Elite Canelo vs C Level Plant, which will be an absolute bore-fest. Whyte vs Chisora 1 and 2, Whyte vs Joshua, Whyte vs Rivas, Whyte vs Parker, Whyte vs Povetkin 1 were all entertaining fights. What entertaining fights has Plant been in? Some weird agenda against the HW division I'm guessing? Plant is a boring to watch bum. I'd smash him into next week, never mind Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                Yup I was thinking Arreola v either Whyte or Chisora would be good for that kind of undercard. It HAS be to be Arreola for it to work though. None of these other no namers he's talking about
                Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 07-21-2021, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                  Yeah not sure why Hearn doesn’t want him to fight in a pbc card if Canelo goes that direction. Would get him far more exposure to the American sports fan. Seems a bit selfish on hearns part

Comment

That's a hell of a solid PBC will be doing for Hearn if that happens.

Comment

Working...
                    X