Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kathy Duva: Murtazaliev Wants His Shot At Charlo's IBF Title Next; We'll See What Happens

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kathy Duva: Murtazaliev Wants His Shot At Charlo's IBF Title Next; We'll See What Happens

SAN ANTONIO - If an immediate rematch with Brian Castano isn't next for Jermell Charlo, Bakhram Murtazaliev wants his overdue title shot. Russia's Murtazaliev has been the IBF's mandatory challenger for Charlo's junior middleweight title since November 2019, when Julian Williams owned it. The unbeaten contender has accepted back-to-back fights on Charlo's undercards while waiting for his championship chance.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I had no clue she was still around after kov

Comment

He should get the shot. I don’t think Charlo wants to go run it back right away anyway.

Comment

If Castano and Charlo both want the rematch it'll happen. If either one is hesitant then we wont see another undisputed at 154 for a long time

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyCan View Post
          He should get the shot. I don’t think Charlo wants to go run it back right away anyway.
          This... Murtazaliev ain't terrible but he's in no way prepared for this level of fight. If I'm Mell I fight him next to get it out of the way then see what options are on the table. What I probably ain't doing is jumping straight back in with a guy who gave me hell and most likely deserved the nod.

Comment

Garbage fight. Should be on an undercard.

Comment

Fight this guy in October, Lubin in February, run it back with Castano next Summer. In the meantime, Brian can go make some good money in Australia washing his WBO mandatory.

Comment

No. Nobody wants to see this. Let Murtazaliev go fight Tzuyu or Lubin or Danny Garcia whoever but stay out of the way of a rematch

Comment

...next, OK?

Comment

Murtazaliev has piss poor defense, just has some power and a decent engine. Also trained by virgil hunter which is a bad sign.
                    he fought vs khiary gray in an untelevised bout on the charlo undercard and got tagged a lot and even hurt lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X