No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Michael Conlan: TJ Doheny Will Be The Best I've Faced

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Michael Conlan: TJ Doheny Will Be The Best I've Faced

By Tris Dixon - Michael Conlan believes win No. 16 will take him to within touching distance of a world title fight. The 15-0 Belfastman faces former world champion TJ Doheny on August 6 at Falls Park in Belfast in an all-Irish battle and while there will be fans, Conlan expects the majority will get behind him.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wow hes still not fighting top guys yet

Comment

Originally posted by EL GANCHO View Post
      I was just thinking gee he’s moving along slow. Which olympics did he come from again? I remember him giving the finger and getting robbed in it.
      it seems so long ago.

Comment

Castaño has less than 20 fights and he already beat Lara and Charlo. This guy is nowhere close to getting that kind of opposition from the looks of it, and he's a former Olympian!

Comment

Top rank know conlan is not up to it

Comment

I had high hopes for him but now he's just a sideshow now.

Comment

How is TJ Doheny, a former champ at their weight class from not too long ago, not a top fighter? Doheny gave Danny Roman a close and highly competitive fight that many think he deserved to win in a unification fight. He's no joke, this is the best all-Ireland matchup in absolutely ages.

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post

I was just thinking gee he’s moving along slow. Which olympics did he come from again? I remember him giving the finger and getting robbed in it.
                it seems so long ago.
                He got a bronze medal in the 2012 Olympics as a teen, then got robbed of getting at least a bronze in the 2016 Olympics. He turned pro shortly after and has moved along at a normal enough pace. He already beat the current European champ in Jason Cunningham early on in his career, beat some good Argentinian gatekeeper types, then took on a former European champ and world title challenger in Takoucht. He also beat the man who beat TJ Doheny coming off of a razor thin loss to Danny Roman in a unification fight in Ionut Baluta who is highly underrated and I'd say top 15-20 in the division at worst. TJ Doheny is now a great opponent to take. In fact I said after the Baluta win it was the logical next step in his career and I'm glad he took it. It's the best matchup Ireland could ask for in pro boxing.
                Casual Riot Casual Riot likes this.

Comment

I don’t particularly rate Doheny but I don’t particularly rate Conlan either so I could see this being competitive. I fancy Conlan on points. I think it’ll be a decent fight, a lot of pride on the line with it being an all Irish matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by BoloShot View Post

How is TJ Doheny, a former champ at their weight class from not too long ago, not a top fighter? Doheny gave Danny Roman a close and highly competitive fight that many think he deserved to win in a unification fight. He's no joke, this is the best all-Ireland matchup in absolutely ages.
                    I though Roman beat him clearly tbh. I don’t see how one judge had it a draw.

Do you think Doheny has enough left to trouble Conlan? I worry he’s on the slide, 34 is generally pretty old for a super bantamweight or below, despite guys like Nonito and Rigo defying that logic.

Comment

Working...
                    X