Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren: Joe Joyce Now The WBO's Mandatory Challeger For Joshua-Usyk Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren: Joe Joyce Now The WBO's Mandatory Challeger For Joshua-Usyk Winner

Joe Joyce is the WBO's new mandatory challenger in the heavyweight division. Promoter Frank Warren announced on social media the change in Joyce's status Tuesday and that the winner of the Anthony Joshua-Oleksandr Usyk fight must eventually face Joyce, assuming the unbeaten Joyce continues to win. Warren revealed Joyce's mandatory status with the WBO following the long-awaited official announcement of the Joshua-Uysk fight Tuesday.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Geni geni kameni

Comment

Joshua vs Joyce will be Joshuas most entertaining fight .

Comment

I hope this is true.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
          I hope this is true.
          It will be true Frank owns the WBO and it is a good fight.

.. but this does stink of Frank Warren ... Dubois was no #1 with the WBO for nothing who Joyce beat ...
          .. shouldn't the mandatory be dished out after the WBO championship fight in September .. the WBO will then be last in rotation and should be a long way off but they're calling for next year.

You can't begrudge Joyce a title but ..

Comment

I really want to see AJ vs Joyce.

AJ will never fight Joyce IMO. Too high risk low reward. I could see them try and spin it as if they’re mates so they won’t fight or something like that.

I genuinely think Joyce beats him, it’s a nightmare style for him, everything AJ lacks Joyce will test.
            Fact Fact !-1 !-1 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post

It will be true Frank owns the WBO and it is a good fight.

.. but this does stink of Frank Warren ... Dubois was no #1 with the WBO for nothing who Joyce beat ...
              .. shouldn't the mandatory be dished out after the WBO championship fight in September .. the WBO will then be last in rotation and should be a long way off but they're calling for next year.

You can't begrudge Joyce a title but ..
              Usyk is the mandatory so it is a long way off .
              Oldskoolg Oldskoolg Rodtang Rodtang like this.

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post

It will be true Frank owns the WBO.
                Nah he only owns shares, Bob is the majority shareholder in the WBO though.

Comment

This means that in 2023, Joe Joyce will have to fight Dubois, David Adelei, wait for Fury Joshua 2 and then have a shot at a eliminator to maybe get an Interim fight
                  Slowhand Slowhand likes this.

Comment

Unless he loses before then, right?

Comment

Working...
                    X