Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charlo-Castano Result Warrants Calling an Audible on the Luck of the Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Charlo-Castano Result Warrants Calling an Audible on the Luck of the Draw

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Every now and then, the tinkering mood just hits. Especially when I'm feeling bored, introspective, forward-thinking ... whatever, and I begin pondering ways in which I can make the things I genuinely enjoy even better.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Jake Paul or his little bro will start gunning for Charlo. A price is now on his head. The lion has been exposed as a ***** cat

Comment

I don’t mind the draw

117-111 is an absolute abomination

Comment

Instead, while recalling oft-used phrases like “you’ve got to take the fight to a champion” and “you’ve got to do more than a champion to win his title” that have resulted from past deadlocks, I came up with something else entirely.
        Castano was a Fing Champion! That's why he dealt Charlo how he did - like a champ.

The idea of no draws and mandatory remach doesn't fit well with boxing reality for now.

Comment

The best solution, although it doesn't mean no fight ends in a draw, is fights to be scheduled for 13 rounds, an odd number, not an even number.

It's so obviously the best solution, most even fights would likely be decided by an extra round. 13 is great, instead of going back to 15 rounds which of course they won't.

Comment

All these people trying to justify a draw to save the face of boxing is just horrible. It's a bit like justifying stopping the world for a year to save 80 yrs people from dying from covid.
            Sctrojan Sctrojan likes this.

Comment

Away fighter wins on a draw ..................... that's how everyone sees it anyway.

Comment

I could swear I've read this article before. Deja vu or recycled?

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                  The best solution, although it doesn't mean no fight ends in a draw, is fights to be scheduled for 13 rounds, an odd number, not an even number.

It's so obviously the best solution, most even fights would likely be decided by an extra round. 13 is great, instead of going back to 15 rounds which of course they won't.
                  That's a good idea.

Comment

just have judges write the reason why they score every round. And then have those reasons validated by an experienced panel of boxing insiders.
                    How would the PR judge explain how he scored 5 out of the first six rounds for Charlo? It wouldn't make sense - and if his reasoning is useless then loses a licence to judge.

Comment

Working...
                    X