Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Prez: Charlo-Castano Had Fair Result, One of The Best Fights in Years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBC Prez: Charlo-Castano Had Fair Result, One of The Best Fights in Years

World Boxing Council President Mauricio Sulaiman had no issue with the overall outcome in Saturday's high stakes junior middleweight unification between Jermell Charlo and Brian Castano.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I’ve rewatched the fight, I had it either 115-113 for castano or 114-114. Admittedly I am biased for the fighter who is actually being more effective with offence and constano pressed the action. The real sense is that one man wanted to win badly and one man was content to avoid punches until he landed a heavy counter. Constano fought better than I have seen him and I believe that was because Charlo fought worse than I have ever seen him fight. You just can’t give away rounds like that. He needs an adjustment to his team, he needs someone who’s going to refocus his training. His corner gave him the advice he needed but I suspect they are not maximising the training he should be on regarding his natural boxer-puncher style. He is trying too hard to be a counter-puncher and his offence literally consisted of pitty pat jabs, off balance and arm punching 1-2’s….no check left hooks, no uppercuts inside, no early body work, just poorly thrown 1-2’s.
    eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

The thing that absolutely bugs the shlt out of me about this fight is the dazn commentary for estrada-jotolatito. Constantly saying how texas favors the aggressive fighter. So either they're full of shlt (which they are) or they were lying and the winner was already decided

Comment

No mention of the ****e judge of course

Comment

This isn’t right. This wasn’t a draw as in judges scored it even, it was a SD draw with a scorecard that defies any logic.

If you think the fight is even, I disagree but ok. However this fight ended in a draw because one judge had such an egregiously corrupt scorecard that it feels like this was a setup all along.

How the President of a sanctioning body can be ok when a judge scores a fight in such a corrupt and incorrect way is beyond comprehension.

He should be more upset than any fan and should be using the power of his office to suspend and punish Vazquez and make an immediate rematch to help return credibility to the sport.
          Last edited by The Big Dunn; 07-19-2021, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Judges are an interesting topic. Makes you wonder which are poor at their job (inconsistent, influenced by crowds, bad scorers) and which are easily influenced by the "house" or who take an actual bribe.
            ​​​​​​
            Vasquez was an interesting choice. You had two known veteran judges in Weisfeld and Cheatham and then you had a guy from Puerto Rico who doesn't seem to do many high profile fights.
            DocGreenThumb. DocGreenThumb. likes this.

Comment

Robbed---Castano can win again too

Comment

I'm not saying Mauricio Sulaiman is the joker but I've never seen them both in the same room at the same time. That's all I have to say about that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  This isn’t right. This wasn’t a draw as in judges scored it even, it was a SD draw with a scorecard that defies any logic.

If you think the fight is even, I disagree but ok. However this fight ended in a draw because one judge had such an egregiously corrupt scorecard that it feels like this was a setup all along.

How the President of a sanctioning body can be ok when a judge scores a fight in such a corrupt and incorrect way is beyond comprehension.

He should be more upset than any fan and should be using the power of his office to suspend and punish Vazquez and make an immediate rematch to help return credibility to the sport.
                  Mauricio Sulaiman is ok with the windfall sanctioning fees in the rematch
                  The Big Dunn The Big Dunn likes this.

Comment

All you have to do is follow the payoff money from PBC account to Nelson Vazquez bank account. That scorecard of 117-111 was paid for, transfer of funds before the 1st round bell...
                    DocGreenThumb. DocGreenThumb. likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X