Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Warren: Joyce Will Have To Beat Takam Better Than Joshua, Chisora Did

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Warren: Joyce Will Have To Beat Takam Better Than Joshua, Chisora Did

CARLOS TAKAM HAS fired a forthright warning to Joe Joyce ahead of their heavyweight showdown on Saturday night, warning the British Olympian that he intends to put a first dent in his perfect professional record at the SSE Arena, Wembley.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Frank's getting ahead of himself here. Usyk is the mandatory I'm sure lol. Only reason Joyce was in the equation was to keep Usyk happy as part of his step aside fighting for an interim. But as that's not happening Joyce is just the no 2 contender. But I agree he needs to have a statement win here as us fans do like to compare lol.

Comment

Takam will be a difficult fight for Joyce; he's a vet with solid defense, conditioning, punch resistance, and uses his footwork to box at long range. Joyce will look slow and uncoordinated at times, but will win the fight on superior ring generalship and aggression to outwork him to a decision. Warren wants to keep JJ active and get him rounds against a top 25 opponent that despite being good won't upset the apple cart.

Comment

I think Joyce will take care of Takam within the distance but Takam will definitely look to get inside and do some damage. The problem is, even if he does land some decent shots, Joyce has a great chin and will probably wear Takam down with his stiff, accurate jab and power shots as Takam looks to get in range to land. Takam will probably fade and get taken out within 10 as Joyce has a great engine and will be consistently catching him at long and medium range until Takam visibly slows.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post
          Frank's getting ahead of himself here. Usyk is the mandatory I'm sure lol. Only reason Joyce was in the equation was to keep Usyk happy as part of his step aside fighting for an interim. But as that's not happening Joyce is just the no 2 contender. But I agree he needs to have a statement win here as us fans do like to compare lol.
          Yes Usyk is the mandatory but he's getting his shot at the title now in September. It's quite simple really. Joshua and Usyk fight, which takes care of Usyk's mandatory status for the title, thus elevating Joyce to the #1 position previously held by Usyk. You can't honestly think if Usyk loses to Joshua he will retain his #1 position only to be able to challenge again without any sort of rematch clause. Of course if Usyk wins he is the champ and no longer a contender which would also make Joyce the #1 contender.

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post

Yes Usyk is the mandatory but he's getting his shot at the title now in September. It's quite simple really. Joshua and Usyk fight, which takes care of Usyk's mandatory status for the title, thus elevating Joyce to the #1 position previously held by Usyk. You can't honestly think if Usyk loses to Joshua he will retain his #1 position only to be able to challenge again without any sort of rematch clause. Of course if Usyk wins he is the champ and no longer a contender which would also make Joyce the #1 contender.
            Yeah but Warren makes it sound like JJ fights the winner next lol. But if AJ wins he'll be fighting Fury if he wins not to mention the other mandatories will come by before JJs turn.

Comment

Working...
            X