Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: A Win Over Pacquiao Will Show Everybody Why I Am One Of The Best In The World

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Spence: A Win Over Pacquiao Will Show Everybody Why I Am One Of The Best In The World

There are few if any independent rankings that don't already recognize Errol Spence as the best welterweight in the world. The unbeaten WBC/IBF titlist from Desoto, Texas is also regarded as among the world's best pound-for-pound fighters, including number three according to BoxingScene.com. There is an opportunity for Spence (27-0, 21KOs) to improve on or cement his position--depending upon the viewpoint--as he next faces legendary former eight-division champion Manny Pacquaio (62-7-2, 39KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Definitely. Pacquiao showed in his last fight at age 40, that he was the best he has ever been and is still the same prime Pac that Mayweather beat 118-110. Even though Pac vs Horn was close, that's one fight I give him a pass on, as he didn't train for the fight, and was screwed over by the officials as well, but no mistake about it, Spence is facing prime Pacquiao, based on Pac's last fight, but that was 2 years ago, we'll see. Nash out - boxing expert.

Comment

Only if you put the beats on, like he's never had in his career. I don't want a close fight or a disputed decision. The only way to truly make a statement, is to beat Manny into retirement....like he did Oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
        Only if you put the beats on, like he's never had in his career. I don't want a close fight or a disputed decision. The only way to truly make a statement, is to beat Manny into retirement....like he did Oscar.
        I get your point and given Manny's career, it makes sense. The big catch is that Oscar was beaten into retirement at age 36 and Manny will be 43. If Spence wins he ends up loosing because folks will say he beat an old guy, if he wins no one will say he showed anything because of Manny's age and the 2 years of innactivity. Spence only wins in the manner that means the most to him and that's the big payday from the fight and possibly being condidered as an alternate if Canelo is really can't find anyone else to fight.
        OldTerry OldTerry BendOver BendOver like this.

Comment

Sorry Spence. What this fight shows is you got a great pay day. Pac of 10 years ago would of EASILY whipped you. Today, he’s capable but his best days are in the past.

Comment

It's kind of a no win situation for him in eyes of real boxing fans, unless maybe he beats him worse than Manny beat Oscar, which I doubt happens. A win does build his marketability tho, and a loss would look pretty bad.
            OldTerry OldTerry likes this.

Comment

beating a 40+ year old midget who hasn't fought in 2 years makes him the best? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Since1976 View Post

I get your point and given Manny's career, it makes sense. The big catch is that Oscar was beaten into retirement at age 36 and Manny will be 43. If Spence wins he ends up loosing because folks will say he beat an old guy, if he wins no one will say he showed anything because of Manny's age and the 2 years of innactivity. Spence only wins in the manner that means the most to him and that's the big payday from the fight and possibly being condidered as an alternate if Canelo is really can't find anyone else to fight.
                I agree totally.

My thing is that some people "lose it" earlier than others. Oscar was done at 36, Manny is still competing at a high level (at least he was at 40, last time we saw him in the ring).

No matter the outcome, you have your people who won't give Spence credit at all. That's to be expected. Manny is also 42, and past prime. For those reasons, Spence has to dominate Paquiao, not just win, because he'll get crucifed.

Comment

This fight is all about Pac, if Pac beats Spence, it'll be hard to argue against him being the best ever
                  GOD-FR33 GOD-FR33 likes this.

Comment

My question is if Spence wins in dramatic fashion does he rise on the infamous P4P list? I mean providing he puts a beating on Pac does his stock rise or does he just beat on a fighter that shouldve walked away 2 years ago after the Thurman fight?

Comment

Working...
                    X