Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce: Proved A lot of People Wrong, Won A lot of People Money in Dubois Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce: Proved A lot of People Wrong, Won A lot of People Money in Dubois Fight

JOE JOYCE CARRYING out his best work on canvas is not an unusual concept. After all, 11 of his 12 professional opponents to date have met with the floor of the ring or been saved from the imminent prospect by the instincts of a protective referee.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Great athlet and person. I'd like him to win a title.

Comment

most scary thing is joe didnt even need to get out of 2nd gear.

Comment

Joyce is proof that most boxing fans, like most sports fans, are ****ing idiots.

I always like Dubois. Despite the (understandable) quitting, I think he is a phenomenal talent. But the holes were glaring. Complete lack of head movement, a good jab but one he doesn't commit to, lacking defense. The problem is people were shocked by his win over Gorman (who is teetering on bum status) and thus proceeded to elevate him beyond his talent. Personally, I think pushing him into the pros may have come a tad too soon. A lengthy amateur career would have given him a chance to test himself against the likes of the young up and comers. Instead he seems to be a fairly experienced pro who lacks ring time with genuinely talented heavyweights. Joyce is the complete opposite of this and it showed bountiful in that fight....as such he was able to beat him with pretty much a jab.

To anyone who has been in the ring, Joyce's attributes are a ****ing nightmare. Calm, powerful, solid technically whilst being someone who isn't afraid to take some to give some. Speed is important but it's overrated, especially at heavyweight.
        Last edited by KingGilgamesh; 07-19-2021, 12:45 PM.
        billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by KingGilgamesh View Post
          Joyce is proof that most boxing fans, like most sports fans, are ****ing idiots.

I always like Dubois. Despite the (understandable) quitting, I think he is a phenomenal talent. But the holes were glaring. Complete lack of head movement, a good jab but one he doesn't commit to, lacking defense. The problem is people were shocked by his win over Gorman (who is teetering on bum status) and thus proceeded to elevate him beyond his talent. Personally, I think pushing him into the pros may have come a tad too soon. A lengthy amateur career would have given him a chance to test himself against the likes of the young up and comers. Instead he seems to be a fairly experienced pro who lacks ring time with genuinely talented heavyweights. Joyce is the complete opposite of this and it showed bountiful in that fight....as such he was able to beat him with pretty much a jab.

To anyone who has been in the ring, Joyce's attributes are a ****ing nightmare. Calm, powerful, solid technically whilst being someone who isn't afraid to take some to give some. Speed is important but it's overrated, especially at heavyweight.
          Great insights. Activity level is very important and Joyce has it. Alot of the younger fighters would be well served to fight a lot and not worry about winning, but to do it for experience. I would tell them to look at Chisora. Chisora fought many times against quality opposition, and even titles...

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Great insights. Activity level is very important and Joyce has it. Alot of the younger fighters would be well served to fight a lot and not worry about winning, but to do it for experience. I would tell them to look at Chisora. Chisora fought many times against quality opposition, and even titles...
            Yep. Exactly.

And it's precisely why I would still fancy Chisoras chances against a ton of top fighters despite his age...as his bouts against Usyk and Parker adequately proved.
            billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Joe is as tough as old boots, how he took Dubois's bombs and carried on I'll never know.

Comment

I hope he gets top 10 opponent soon. Joyce is tough dude, he can beat anybody.

Comment

Working...
                X