Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Judging The Judges: Jermell Charlo-Brian Castano Scorecard Analysis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Judging The Judges: Jermell Charlo-Brian Castano Scorecard Analysis

A terrific clash between Jermell Charlo and Brian Castano proved befitting the high stakes with the two best junior middleweights fighting to a split decision draw in their terrific twelve-round battle.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So Vasquez is a habitual f--k up? Finish him!
    El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Vazquez should NEVER judge a boxing match again. Texas commission is always on some bs

Comment

Weisfeld and Cheatham had decent enough cards. It was a close fight IMO. I had it 7-5 and could see a few rounds go one way or the other so an 8-4 or 6-6 is within reason. I do wonder if Weisfeld would have awarded a 10-8 if the roles were reversed. It's a sad state of affairs that we come to accept that the "B-side" will not get the benefit of the doubt.

I won't even touch the Nelson Vasquez card. Dude is straight trash.

It's not just the main event, on the undercard Aleem lost a majority decision when two judges only gave him 3 rounds in a fight I thought Aleem either eked out or did no worse than a draw.
        asgarth asgarth likes this.

Comment

114-114 card was terrible too. They do this all the time. They get people to focus on the 117-111 type cards and start justifying the 114-114 card. This fight was NOT a draw!
          Boxing-1013 Boxing-1013 likes this.

Comment

Had castaño winning by couple rds its was close scrap so no problem with draw immediate tie braker needs to be made end up being lot closer than lot people thought
            paulf paulf likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by waymeather View Post
              114-114 card was terrible too. They do this all the time. They get people to focus on the 117-111 type cards and start justifying the 114-114 card. This fight was NOT a draw!
              There was no “justifying” and no absolutism in the word “NOT” if you scored the fight round by round. BS had it a draw as did I. One judge saw it 114-113, another 114-114. 114-113 either way or 114-114 could be in the definite realm of possibilities given the number of swing rounds. The only reason you are harping on about it is because of the 117-111 card plain and simple.

Comment

I don't see how anyone could given Jermell more than 4 rounds. The last 4 rounds were competitive, with 3 tight rounds and 1 clear (clearest of the fight) for Jermell. I could see him being up 3-1 in those last four. That's how I had it, I could also see 2-2 which is probably fair.

In the first 8 rounds, Jermell got walked down and outworked, outlanded, outboxed, whatever you want to say - virtually the whole time. He won round 2, but giving him anything else seems pretty crazy.

When you have to stretch just to get a guy to 5 rounds, and then obviously REALLY stretch to even try to get to 6 rounds, you know who won the fight. It was a good fight. Charlo did well late. He also clearly lost.

Comment

After the legit Harrison decision I didn’t think Charlo was a bought fighter, but clearly that wasn’t the case as we see the corrupt card that was turned in last night. Perhaps someone should go to these judges’ houses and have them rectify that bet out of their take… you know they didn’t put the $ in the bank

Comment

1) I had Castano winning by four rounds

2) A lot of the rounds were close. Have no problem with a drawn. Wouldn't have had a problem with Charlo win.

3) Fans get too emotionally invested in seeing someone win or lose at the expense of their objectivity. If you liked what Castano was doing a close round, you probably gave him all the close rounds. Same is true if you liked Charlo is the closer rounds. I gave the close rounds to Castano.

4) Rounds 5 and 6 were both close. If you give those to Charlo, it's a draw as he clearly won 2, 10, 11, and 12.

5) Vasquez needs to be banned for judging world title bouts.
                    Last edited by paulf; 07-18-2021, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X