Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Pacquiao-Spence, Canelo-Plant, Rigo-Casimero, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Pacquiao-Spence, Canelo-Plant, Rigo-Casimero, More

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tacking topics such as Manny Pacquiao vs. Errol Spence, Jermell Charlo vs. Brian Castano, Canelo Alvarez vs. Caleb Plant, Casimero vs. Rigondeaux, and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I was favoring Castano maybe to out work Charlo. And could still happen.

I hadn't seen much of Castano but I watched the fight against Lara. Castano was afraid to extend on his punches and ended up SLAPPING a lot of his punches. He was wary of Lara's speed. I think in this fight he will be wary of Jermell's power.

I can see this fight being an early KO for Charlo or sort of fizzling out to a tepid affair where Castano attacks less due to being too cautious and Jermell gets tired chasing Castano. Hope I'm wrong. Then Charlo should win a decision.

Comment

Breadman must be living under a rock because there's multiple stories out there that was holding up the Canelo, Plant fight is Haymon and Plant. Haymon wants Canelo to sign a multi-fight deal with PBC in order to get Plant, that's what's holding everything up. I agree that Plant has good boxing skills, but to compare Jacobs to Plant is laughable, Jacobs not only has boxing skills and athletic, he also has power, something Plant does not have, of course Plant will win some rounds using his boxing skills, but his lack of power is what's going to be a problem.
      Thuglife Nelo Thuglife Nelo likes this.

Comment

Breadman doesn't want to talk about the negotiations or any input on Plant's part, but Bread has no problem talking about duck theory for other situations:

Bread’s Response: Bivol is a tough match up for Canelo. I wouldn’t be surprised, if Bivol beat Canelo. That in and out style from a fighter of his size and talent would not be easy for Canelo to overcome. But let me say something in defense of Canelo. Most of the fighters who want to fight him are not fighting elite level fights. They all seem to want to fight him but they aren’t fighting each other. I’m going to say right now, like if he lost one of his next two fights. But If Canelo keeps winning for another 2+ years and someone finally beats him. The fighter who beat him won’t get the historical credit you would think it warrants and here is why. It would seem more like it was just a numbers game. It would seem like it was just more of a great fighter slipping from the attrition of fighting the best fights over a long period of time. Because the potential opponents aren’t fighting each other.

Now on the flip side. If one of these guys became a sniper and just started picking off potential opponents and flat out eliminating them. Then historically they get would get more credit. For example Bivol says he will come down to 168 and fight Canelo. Well come down to 168 and start beating guys up. Start lining guys up. Beat 2 top guys and force Canelo into a fight. At that point if Canelo doesn’t fight him, then it’s a
        duck.

-------------------------

Bread’s Response: Not liking someone is a good reason to beat them up. But I don’t think this is a duck. Spence is fighting Manny Pacquiao who just beat Thurman. Thurman hasn’t fought since losing. It’s impossible for this to be a duck. It could only be a duck if Thurman was active and beating top guys or became a mandatory and Spence refused to fight him. Thurman hasn’t fought in 2 years and in his last fight, he lost. This is not a duck.
        You guys don’t know what a duck is. Spence has been a big PPV draw. He’s been able to get some big fights lately. But he’s only been able to get big fights as the A side. As a rising prospect and contender he wasn’t able to get any of the PBC welterweights who were ex champions or champions to give him a shot. The best fighter who fought him while he was rising was Chris Algieri. Spence called Thurman out for years and didn’t get a shot. He had to go to the UK as a mandatory and fight Kell Brook. Maintaining your diet while you travel is not easy. Errol won the fight and became a superstar. And now Thurman who hasn’t fought in 2 years, coming of a loss is calling Spence out.

I commend Thurman for wanting the big fight but just because Spence won’t give it to him it doesn’t mean he’s ducking him. Spence is fighting Manny Pacquiao who beat Thurman. Thurman hasn’t fought since he lost to Pacman. So Spence doesn’t like Thurman and doesn’t want to give him a pay day coming off of a loss and 2 year lay off.
        That’s not a DUCK. That’s just Errol not wanting to help Thurman make money. Errol is holding a grudge on someone he doesn’t like. I understand that. I don’t help people eat I don’t like either. It would only be a duck if Thurman was his mandatory or was reestablishing himself with someone good wins. He can’t be ducking a fighter who hasn’t fought in 2 years and coming off a loss. It’s ridiculous if you even think that.
        Last edited by Thuglife Nelo; 07-17-2021, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
          Breadman must be living under a rock because there's multiple stories out there that was holding up the Canelo, Plant fight is Haymon and Plant. Haymon wants Canelo to sign a multi-fight deal with PBC in order to get Plant, that's what's holding everything up. I agree that Plant has good boxing skills, but to compare Jacobs to Plant is laughable, Jacobs not only has boxing skills and athletic, he also has power, something Plant does not have, of course Plant will win some rounds using his boxing skills, but his lack of power is what's going to be a problem.
          1. If the money is right, do you see an issue with canelo signing a 3 fight deal with pbc to fight plant, charlo and Benavidez? He didn’t have an issue locking into 3 fights with dazn for smith, Yidilgrim and Saunders. 2. You can argue that Jacobs is better than plant but he’s definitely not more athletic. He doesn’t move his feet as well and he’s definitely not as fast.

mgame mgame Oldskoolg Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post
            Breadman doesn't want to talk about the negotiations or any input on Plant's part, but Bread has no problem talking about duck theory for other situations:

Bread’s Response: Bivol is a tough match up for Canelo. I wouldn’t be surprised, if Bivol beat Canelo. That in and out style from a fighter of his size and talent would not be easy for Canelo to overcome. But let me say something in defense of Canelo. Most of the fighters who want to fight him are not fighting elite level fights. They all seem to want to fight him but they aren’t fighting each other. I’m going to say right now, like if he lost one of his next two fights. But If Canelo keeps winning for another 2+ years and someone finally beats him. The fighter who beat him won’t get the historical credit you would think it warrants and here is why. It would seem more like it was just a numbers game. It would seem like it was just more of a great fighter slipping from the attrition of fighting the best fights over a long period of time. Because the potential opponents aren’t fighting each other.

Now on the flip side. If one of these guys became a sniper and just started picking off potential opponents and flat out eliminating them. Then historically they get would get more credit. For example Bivol says he will come down to 168 and fight Canelo. Well come down to 168 and start beating guys up. Start lining guys up. Beat 2 top guys and force Canelo into a fight. At that point if Canelo doesn’t fight him, then it’s a
            duck.

-------------------------

Bread’s Response: Not liking someone is a good reason to beat them up. But I don’t think this is a duck. Spence is fighting Manny Pacquiao who just beat Thurman. Thurman hasn’t fought since losing. It’s impossible for this to be a duck. It could only be a duck if Thurman was active and beating top guys or became a mandatory and Spence refused to fight him. Thurman hasn’t fought in 2 years and in his last fight, he lost. This is not a duck.
            You guys don’t know what a duck is. Spence has been a big PPV draw. He’s been able to get some big fights lately. But he’s only been able to get big fights as the A side. As a rising prospect and contender he wasn’t able to get any of the PBC welterweights who were ex champions or champions to give him a shot. The best fighter who fought him while he was rising was Chris Algieri. Spence called Thurman out for years and didn’t get a shot. He had to go to the UK as a mandatory and fight Kell Brook. Maintaining your diet while you travel is not easy. Errol won the fight and became a superstar. And now Thurman who hasn’t fought in 2 years, coming of a loss is calling Spence out.

I commend Thurman for wanting the big fight but just because Spence won’t give it to him it doesn’t mean he’s ducking him. Spence is fighting Manny Pacquiao who beat Thurman. Thurman hasn’t fought since he lost to Pacman. So Spence doesn’t like Thurman and doesn’t want to give him a pay day coming off of a loss and 2 year lay off.
            That’s not a DUCK. That’s just Errol not wanting to help Thurman make money. Errol is holding a grudge on someone he doesn’t like. I understand that. I don’t help people eat I don’t like either. It would only be a duck if Thurman was his mandatory or was reestablishing himself with someone good wins. He can’t be ducking a fighter who hasn’t fought in 2 years and coming off a loss. It’s ridiculous if you even think that.
            why don’t you just do everyone a favor and stop reading the mailbag. You whine like a b***h every single week like a female who hasn’t gotten over the guy who d1cked her down and left. Just SHUT THE FK UP already , you c0ck gobbling coke head.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
              1. If the money is right, do you see an issue with canelo signing a 3 fight deal with pbc to fight plant, charlo and Benavidez? He didn’t have an issue locking into 3 fights with dazn for smith, Yidilgrim and Saunders. 2. You can argue that Jacobs is better than plant but he’s definitely not more athletic. He doesn’t move his feet as well and he’s definitely not as fast.
              You Haymonites are dummies. lol. “If the money is right.” First, where is it disclosed about Canelo’s offer from Haymon? Second, Canelo makes the “right money” at DAZN significantly higher than PBC fighters.

SplitSecond SplitSecond likes this.

Comment

You Haymonites are dummies. lol. “If the money is right.” First, where is it disclosed about Canelo’s offer from Haymon? Second, Canelo makes the “right money” at DAZN significantly higher than PBC fighters.
                the comment about the current offer was made by the other guy that I was responding to, so ask him you fktard. I do know that canelo had an offer in November from pbc that was a higher guarantee than what he got from dazn. So his money will be right either way, the question is what level of risk he’s willing to take. There’s a different level of risk associated with fighting those 3 euros he just did than facing plant, charlo and benavidez. You should already know that, that’s why you’re a euro who’s trying to pretend to be Mexican, cornball.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                  the comment about the current offer was made by the other guy that I was responding to, so ask him you fktard. I do know that canelo had an offer in November from pbc that was a higher guarantee than what he got from dazn. So his money will be right either way, the question is what level of risk he’s willing to take. There’s a different level of risk associated with fighting those 3 euros he just did than facing plant, charlo and benavidez. You should already know that, that’s why you’re a euro who’s trying to pretend to be Mexican, cornball.
                  What an idiot. Lol. PBC offered $75mil to Canelo for Plant, Benavidez, Charlo (catchweight.)

Canelo made $25mil for Yildirim
                  Canelo made $30mil for BJS

thats $55mil. The difference in a third fight compared to PBC is $20mil. DAZN won’t give Canelo a merely $20mil for any fight.

therefore, DAZN can only continue proving Canelo his current grade, which is $30mil as in the BJS fight, and word on the street from his big venue outsellings, DAZN is giving Canelo his old premium pays of $35mil per fight.

so that means Haymon would have to guarantee Canelo $35x3 for his current Plant princess negotiations. That’s $100mil guaranteed that doesn’t even include PPV. Where is Espinoza backing Canelo crossovers since Charlo and Benavidez rock his network.

this is how we know DAZN is operating at a higher league than PBC and money.

sorry kid…. That’s the end of your lesson

Comment

What an idiot. Lol. PBC offered $75mil to Canelo for Plant, Benavidez, Charlo (catchweight.)

Canelo made $25mil for Yildirim
                    Canelo made $30mil for BJS

thats $55mil. The difference in a third fight compared to PBC is $20mil. DAZN won’t give Canelo a merely $20mil for any fight.

therefore, DAZN can only continue proving Canelo his current grade, which is $30mil as in the BJS fight, and word on the street from his big venue outsellings, DAZN is giving Canelo his old premium pays of $35mil per fight.

so that means Haymon would have to guarantee Canelo $35x3 for his current Plant princess negotiations. That’s $100mil guaranteed that doesn’t even include PPV. Where is Espinoza backing Canelo crossovers since Charlo and Benavidez rock his network.

this is how we know DAZN is operating at a higher league than PBC and money.

sorry kid…. That’s the end of your lesson
                    75 mil plus a Ppv upside ya fkn dunce. The pbc offer sh**s all over the dazn offer when you take that into consideration ya dummy. And yes Canelo’s offer for smith was 15 mil guaranteed (some sources say 20), his guarantee for Yidilgrim was 15 and the same for Saunders. So best case scenario, his guarantee was 50. He obviously got more with those bullshet dazn subscriptions which are the numbers your quoting but the guarantee from pbc was higher and would’ve been much higher with PPv upside. Try again coke whore.
                    Last edited by Jab jab boom; 07-17-2021, 02:20 PM.
                    Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X