Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermell Charlo: I Actually Have No Interest In Lubin Rematch; But If I Have To Fight Him, I Will

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jermell Charlo: I Actually Have No Interest In Lubin Rematch; But If I Have To Fight Him, I Will

SAN ANTONIO - If Jermell Charlo beats Brian Castano on Saturday night and remains at 154 pounds, a rematch with Erickson Lubin will be inevitable unless Charlo decides to give up the WBC super welterweight title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm more interested in seeing Charlo vs. Fundora!

Comment

Indeed it would be unfortunate for an undisputed champion to have to rematch someone he bingo’d in one round 4-5 years prior.
      NC Uppercut NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

Lubin has fought his way into contention but at some of his winning efforts he has shown to be vulnerable. Whoever wins tonight and if Tszyu wins his next fight that will be the only money fight in the 154 division.

Comment

Move up to 160 already!

Comment

I'd rather see Charlo vs Tszyu, provided he beats Castano. Lubin would get ko'd again.

Comment

I'm not sure how people can say this. Do we really feel like Lubin is "so bad" that he's not worthy of a rematch? He's beat everybody they put in front of him, pre and post Charlo matchup. And Lubin got caught by one random shot in one round of only one career fight. It wasn't as if Charlo walked him down and beat him badly. Or it wasn't as if it was a mismatch all together. Lubin just got caught. The fight hadn't even started yet. These type of fights are ALWAYS worthy of a rematch in my opinion. ANYBODY can get caught like this.

The first fight showed me NOTHING about how a fight between these two elites would actually play out (Charlo and Lubin). Do the rematch. It's not as if there's dozens of other worthy opponents for Charlo at 154 now. New trainer for Lubin, new revived career, I mean do the rematch. It makes sense.

And Charlo's comment..... "Lubin should fight the elites like Lara. Like I did"...... when did Charlo fight Lara?!

The only elites Charlo has fought is Rosario (who Lubin fought as well), Harrison (who he LOST against once!), and Trout (who wasn't really elite. But was considered in the upper echelon of 154 talent). One could argue that Lubin actually has a better resume at this point.
              Last edited by Topdogggbm; 07-17-2021, 09:05 AM.

Comment

This is where I disagree with Charlo, easy money because Lubin can’t take it; solid offensive fighter but he gets hit and raddled often he’s just been able to overcome in these fights. I actually think he’s the next coming of Oba Carr without the boxing ability or chin. Charlo need to jump at this easy $$$$!
                jonnyc420 jonnyc420 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                  Lubin has fought his way into contention but at some of his winning efforts he has shown to be vulnerable. Whoever wins tonight and if Tszyu wins his next fight that will be the only money fight in the 154 division.
                  How Tim Tszyu is a money fight nobody knows him in the US? I could see in Australia as Tszyu is the number 1 rated contender in the WBO not the mandatory since he never fought in a final eliminator, so he need to fight a upper echlon world level fighter or another highly rated guy still unproven. Furthermore WBO just had a mandatory for the light middleweight divsion so it recycles around again to the WBC or the WBA mandatory long overdue from May 2019 when Williams number in the IBF beat Hurd now Bakhram Murtazaliev a underwhelming obscure fighter is fighting on another Charlo undercard so that fight may be next instead of mixing it up he played it safe Bakhram Murtazaliev instead of fighting Julian Williams , and the confusion in the WBA Lara is the the regular titleholder but Israil Madrimov is the number in the WBA. Fundora I think he'll get a titleshot over Lubin. The only big money fight for Charlo is a Keith Thurman, Crawford, Garcia or Spence if the money is right for both parties.
                  Last edited by SimpleTouchee; 07-17-2021, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchMeIDareYou View Post
                    Move up to 160 already!
                    Not excited about that prospect tbh. Look how that turned out for Jermall. Totally derailed a once promising career
                    160 already dead, doesn’t need two top fighters who will never fight eachother

I do think the Jermall scenario is partly down to his own mentality though. Jermell doesn’t seem to have the same problem
                    would be better for Jermell to dominate his division for a couple years, get his name in the history books, and move up once Jermall moves to 168

Comment

Working...
                    X