Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Reacts To Hearn's Claims on Fury-Wilder Postponement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Reacts To Hearn's Claims on Fury-Wilder Postponement

Frank Warren, co-promoter for WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury, has given his take on some of the circulating theories for the recent postponement of Fury's trilogy fight with Deontay Wilder.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So Arums little play thing did not allude to the fact that we could all go see for ourselves how well or poorly the ticket sales were going or the fact that most of the Covid victims have been turning up in all sorts of public places..

Nobody is believing that BS. The truth is there isnt many Fury fans in America and this time the Brits ain't flying over. While Wilder has lost fans and some ain't interested because either they saw him already get destroyed by the same fight who he is meant to be fighting next and some lost their love when Wilder started turning in to a crying blame making joke.

Comment

A week before the fight and it’s not announced yet for a broadcaster ? And then they were going to sell the majority tickets the week of the fight ? Come on no one of intelligent thinking believes that . Ha

Comment

Well he sure put up a good story about it. But I think there is still an odor lingering. Like many others here, I feel it was odd the way everything played out.

Comment

Like many have said the buzz for this fight just isn’t there. It certainly isn’t on buzzing on the level of the 1st two. Throw in the fact that Pac-Spence was scheduled to take place 3-4weeks later in Vegas, I suspect that more people if they had to choose would pick Manny/Spence over a 3rd Fury Wilder.

I’m not saying there wasn’t a Covid outbreak in Fury’s camp. I believe there probably was. Maybe he didn’t catch it himself but key players in his camp probably did. Either way, this road bump was extremely convenient for FOX, ESPN, TR & PBC. This fight was on pace to be a financial disaster & pushing it back & actually promoting it this time is probably in all their best interests. That presser was a dud. And there wasn’t even plans for a FOX/ESPN version of a 24/7 or All Access to help promote it. They’ve gotta do something to stir up some more interest. At this point I think fans are just ready for this rivalry to be over and done with already
          greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

All boxing fans should boycott this fight and these 2 bum-killers until they get in a ring with AJ. That is the only meaningful opponent for both of them

Otherwise these 2 are totally worthless.

Comment

Here is from an article from a month ago where Bob Arum criticizes Teofimo Lopez for being unvaccinated against COVID, and Arum says Fury is fully vaccinated (I wonder how he "got COVID"):

“We tell all our fighters – you guys are fighting for big money and promoters are laying out big money,” Arum said, according to BoxingScene.com. “Get yourself vaccinated, so you don’t [contract] the COVID. Now, you take the two fighters here, Fury is totally vaccinated. And I talked with [manager] Shelly Finkel a little while ago, and he said that Wilder’s been fully vaccinated. And their corners have been vaccinated. That’s taking responsibility.”
              Gamboal00 Gamboal00 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by tonysoprano View Post
                All boxing fans should boycott this fight and these 2 bum-killers until they get in a ring with AJ. That is the only meaningful opponent for both of them

Otherwise these 2 are totally worthless.
                Fury could beat Joshua with one hand, you absolute chump. Nash out - boxing scene TBE - boxing expert.

Comment

Could it happen? Yes.
                  Should it happen? No. If Fury was genuinely in the last few weeks of camp it would be a heavily controlled environment. Plenty of sports and events have been able to do that in scenarios far more complex than a training camp.

Maybe he caught COVID. But if he did it's because they weren't taking this fight seriously.

Comment

Dont be shocked if this ends up on Sky PPV now they are working with Top Rank, if BT Sport was showing the fight there would have been something announced 3-4 weeks ago

Comment

Working...
                    X