Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Romero: I Was Gonna Make Yigit Pay If He Made Weight; Now I'll Really Make Him Pay!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Romero: I Was Gonna Make Yigit Pay If He Made Weight; Now I'll Really Make Him Pay!

SAN ANTONIO - Rolando Romero's trainer wasn't the least bit surprised that another opponent didn't come close to making weight Friday afternoon. It wasn't just the communication among their camps late Friday morning that confirmed Cromwell Gordon's suspicions about Anthony Yigit's weight. Gordon never expected the Swedish southpaw to get down to the 135-pound limit for what was supposed to be a 12-round fight for Romero's WBA interim lightweight title on the Jermell Charlo-Brian Castano undercard.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I thought that Romero lost against Marinez. He has to work on defense, he gets too offensive minded and doesn't transition well to defense. He has to relax and let it flow.

Comment

Romero needs to be brought down to earth.

Comment

I would love to see Michel Rivera vs this kid so he can be taught a boxing lesson. He is really believing his own hype.

Comment

"Yigit! chk, Yigit! chk, Yigit! chk, Jungle is massive!"

Comment

I've watched this boxer grow. I think he has great potential. But like for everyone, the need for continued learning and improvement. Let's not get too arrogant. At least until you've knocked off some real bad guys. And there are some really good boxers in this division. Rolly comes to fight. He's not a runner. That makes for a great fight to watch. Will be watching Sat night.
            garfios garfios likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
              I thought that Romero lost against Marinez. He has to work on defense, he gets too offensive minded and doesn't transition well to defense. He has to relax and let it flow.
              His jab in that fight was one of the worst I've ever seen. He was just falling in all over his front foot and getting out of position. It's amazing he's gotten this far.
              Last edited by SweetPbfAli; 07-17-2021, 12:49 AM.
              Ropeydope Ropeydope likes this.

Comment

im still waiting for fake chump rolly to fight a real boxer or at least one of the top 10 on the 135 class...any other champion like tank haney teofimo ryan garcia or jo jo will make an example out of this chump rolly

Comment

I've been hearing about Romero for a while but I never really noticed him or dug deeper to know about him. I might have even seen his fights a few times. Didn't pay any attention.

Many of the main posters here don't seem to like him much. Well, I don't blame them. The first time I listened to him was when he was predicting Barrios to KO Davis. He talks and acts like a pussy, full of himself. Tomorrow is the first time I'll look into what he brings to the table.

Comment

And I'm not outraged the Yigit guy coming in over 5 pounds, at all. The weight classes are too close together as I've been saying on NSB for a while. Between three divisions (130-140), there's only 10 pound difference. So, as a boxing fan, I allow 5 to 10lb differential. Anyone from 130 can weigh up to 140 at weigh in. These weight classes are absurd sometimes. Like the belts.
                    Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 07-17-2021, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X