Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vidal: I Do Feel Like I'm Representing Uruguay Every Time I Step In The Ring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vidal: I Do Feel Like I'm Representing Uruguay Every Time I Step In The Ring

On a night when Brian Castano aims to become Argentina's first ever undisputed champion in the four-belt era, Amilcar Vidal enters the ring with a similar amount of pride for his home nation.
    [Click Here To Read More]

funny when i think of Uruguay i think of their football players kicking lumps out of opposition players, damn they were rough at times, if i remember right

Comment

I think the reason you don't see too many fighters from Uruguay is because it is a middle class country they don't have that same drive that the poorer latinos have because they have a really good economy and it's very European compared to other countries in South America. Vidal looks good though the only other fighter in recent times I remember from Uruguay was Noe Gonzalez Alcoba.

Comment

Keep smokin Kannabis Kid. Im Uruguayan and everything you said is incorrect. Uruguay world champs in 1924, 1928, 1930 and 1950. Uruguay has always had a small middle class and a large working class. What has given it its image of a middle class society is its social progressiveness. What has made it so succesful as a nation is its Charrua fighting spirit which comes from its native ancestors.

Comment

Uruguay has always been as dirt poor as all latino nations but it has exactly the same fighting spirit. Being world champs 4 times in football and having a tiny population meant football dominated the sports scene. has nothing to do with middle class rubbish. Uruguay is and always was a working class nation. Its respected for its social progressiveness.

Comment

Uruguay No Ma!. Unlike the Roberto Duran "No Mas" debacle, Uruguay "No Ma" means Uruguay is everything to us, we need nothing more. The Cultural significance will be lost to boxing boneheads due to the subtle difference in spelling and meaning.

Comment

Working...
            X