Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mike Tyson Not Ruling Out a Pacquiao Upset Win Over Errol Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mike Tyson Not Ruling Out a Pacquiao Upset Win Over Errol Spence

Former undisputed heavyweight world champion Mike Tyson is not ruling out the possibility of an upset when Manny Pacquiao challenges WBC, IBF welterweight champion Errol Spence on August 21 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It’s the kind of fight where Spence is going to be winning most seconds of every round. If Pac stands a shot then it is by knockout. That right hook might be up to the task in the middle of a Spence combo. And it’ll be late.

Comment

Pacquiao can get the KO early and even that will be difficult with Spence high guard and come forward jab. Spence throws the jab, goes to the body and then his high guard defense is right back up that quick while coming forward. Pacquiao better get him out of there early or he will take a beating all fight long. (IMO)

Comment

Big Pac fan so it would be great to see him get that final legacy win – but it's not really great for boxing if the top guy at welterweight in his prime (and on the P4P list) gets beat by a much smaller, past prime, 42 year old.

Comment

Age is obviously the big factor. I was just rewatching the Spence vs Porter fight, and Porter's speed did seem to be a problem for Spence at times. Who knows, maybe Pac's speed and angles will throw Spence off enough for Pac to cause an upset.

I've been downbeat about Pac's chances so far; I suspect the longer it goes on, the better Spence will do.

Comment

Pac sees weaknesses and thinks he can exploit weakness. But trying to overcome spences strengths also. Because every fighter has weaknesses but their strengths dsiguisevweakness.
            Doesn't mean bud sees weakness Pac sees. And bud might be too scared of a fighters strengths and what they do well. Like I'm sure Floyd saw weakness in ggg. But Floyd too scared of power

Comment

Spence is favourite with the bookies for a reason, but you can't write off Manny. What Pac-man has achieved in his life is phenomenal.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
                It’s the kind of fight where Spence is going to be winning most seconds of every round. If Pac stands a shot then it is by knockout. That right hook might be up to the task in the middle of a Spence combo. And it’ll be late.
                I actually think it's the opposite.

Pacquiao's movement can give Spence trouble like Mike Tyson says. So I could see Errol losing rounds early as he tries to solve that puzzle and pin Pacquiao down.

As the fight goes on age should play a factor and Pac might lose steam in the later rounds. It's just a matter of whether Spence can win back the rounds he lost or even get a stoppage at that point.

But because of the car wreck there are questions about the state of Errol's fitness and ability too. Is he completely recovered or are there issues that will come out under pressure testing?

It's a very intriguing fight.

Comment

As cool as it would to be for Pac to pull this one off I dont see this as another legacy fight for Pac. I see it as a final showing for the people and a presidency in Pacs future. Spence by stoppage in 8

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                    Pacquiao can get the KO early and even that will be difficult with Spence high guard and come forward jab. Spence throws the jab, goes to the body and then his high guard defense is right back up that quick while coming forward. Pacquiao better get him out of there early or he will take a beating all fight long. (IMO)
                    Amazing analysis, you really know what you're talking about..... you've must have had many fights yourself with those statements...

Comment

Working...
                    X