Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Euro News: Sergio Martinez vs. Brian Rose, David Avanesyan vs. Liam Taylor, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Euro News: Sergio Martinez vs. Brian Rose, David Avanesyan vs. Liam Taylor, More

EBU welterweight champion David Avanesyan (27-3-1) has Englishman Liam Taylor (22-1-1) as mandatory challenger. The EBU has set July 21 as the deadline for purse bids.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wonder what the end game is for Sergio. There were rumours of a Murata fight but if GGG beats Murata do you think we get GGG vs Martinez?

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      Wonder what the end game is for Sergio. There were rumours of a Murata fight but if GGG beats Murata do you think we get GGG vs Martinez?
      Personally, wouldn’t mind seeing a Munguia Vs. Martinez fight later this yr. that fight would draw in SoCal. If Sergio is able to get past Rose, a Munguia fight might be his best shot at a title shot seeing how Jaime is ranked in the top 5 of all 4 organizations @ 160 lbs.

Comment

The guy is 46. It was so sad the way it all ended with Cotto watching his knee give out every couple of minutes. I dunno man. At least he's never had a real bad beat down so I guess still miles on the clock.

Comment

A 10-9-1 guy is up for an EBU title ?

Comment

Originally posted by Eastlos View Post

Personally, wouldn’t mind seeing a Munguia Vs. Martinez fight later this yr. that fight would draw in SoCal. If Sergio is able to get past Rose, a Munguia fight might be his best shot at a title shot seeing how Jaime is ranked in the top 5 of all 4 organizations @ 160 lbs.
            Another idea I had is maybe he faces De La Hoya if/when he makes a comeback. Not that I’d want to see that though.

Comment

Originally posted by gooderz84 View Post
              The guy is 46. It was so sad the way it all ended with Cotto watching his knee give out every couple of minutes. I dunno man. At least he's never had a real bad beat down so I guess still miles on the clock.
              Sergio has always been in great shape. It was his own fault for getting careless with Jr. He hasn't let himself go and if the reflexes are still there, age won't won't matter.
              gooderz84 gooderz84 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Another idea I had is maybe he faces De La Hoya if/when he makes a comeback. Not that I’d want to see that though.
                DLH is not looking at Sergio or anyone in that condition.

Comment

Originally posted by gooderz84 View Post
                  I thought he was about 38....it was cringey watching his leg that night...at least he wont get hurt against Brian Rose if his leg is alright...

Comment

Nice to see that Demetrius Andrade's son Brian Rose is back in the limelight.

Comment

Working...
                    X